Sign in to follow this  
liamp51

Converting MSFS Planes to SF2

Hi all,

I was wondering how easy it is to convert and FS 2004 plane or something and import it into SF2. I know the RAZBAM A-6A I have was an FSX model and so was the cockpit. It would be really cool to have some of the very nice freeware aircraft for MSFS in SF2 that can actually shoot/bomb things!

Thanks!

liamp51

I belive the correct answer is ...

Impossible

as they'e completly incompatable formats.

If one has the source files (Max), like Razbam does, you can export to the SF/SF2 formats. Otherwise, nyet

wrench

kevin stein

Thanks for the reply! :clapping:

You can make it if you have an base which is not compiled, if the model you have is under the .mdl form, you may be able to convert as wireframe, then, you would have to treat the model verteces by verteces. So, if you want a plane, you'd better to learn how to use a 3D design software such as gmax, 3dsmax or Sketchup!

One still needs a full version of 3ds Max to export the lod to TKs specifications (VERY Expensive, I'm told)

Not that iit can't, or isnt' done all the time ... the DAT's been doing it for years, as well as Razbam. BUT.. you MUST have the source MAX file (and the get ready to rebuild all the animations and prolly remap as well)