Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

TrackIR 'Sticks'

No idea why..but since getting Windows 7...my TrackIR tends to stop for a couple of seconds, whenever I turn to the left.

It's starting to get very irritating...I have tried several profiles (including some downloaded ones, which were great with WinXP)...but this problem persists.

Its TR3, using TR4 software...just wondered if any TR users had any thoughts?

thanks Chaps

Perhaps it has a McCarthy bug? Mmuahahahahahaaaaa!!!!

But seriously now - did you change anything else; does any light cast a reflection on your glasses at that angle?

Does it also occur without any sim on, but just with the TrackIR setup and test menue screen?

Simon,

I ran into the same issue. I do believe it may be exclusive to ATI cards and Win7. No such problem with the new Nividia card. I do recall Polovski mentioning something about moving the TrackIR device off to the left of center (but that was with TrackIR 5 I think). If you have it mounted in the middle of your monitor, see if shifting it over helps. If it works, you owe Polovski a cold pint.

Cheers,

Parky

Hmm..yes..More experimenting needed methinks...cheers chaps

Yeah if you have the TrackClip pro thing then move the TIR (v4 or v5) to your left a bit. (mine is about 1/4 from the left hand side of widescreen monitor).

If you don't have that could just need adjusting (angle of sensor, move it away a bit etc).