Sign in to follow this  
Uscgace

Please help with NATO 4+ MOD

Can't get NATO 4+ plus to run. Back ground: I am a old Naval Aviator, "brand new" to PC"s and windows 7 ( 30 yr MAC guy), and barely know how to operate this thing. I have read all the combatace forums and still confused.

So where I am at:

!) I have all of the SF2 series loaded, in order, and running fine. ( great sim)

2) I have found and downloaded all 4 NATO 4 folders on the desk top and have tried dropping them in my SF2E saved games folder with no luck. I have also tried putting the files in a copied and renamed SF2E flie with no luck.

So here are my" I am a PC dummy" questions?

1) The Nato downloads page tells me " read the readme or suffer the consequences". How do I do this? I can"t find it.

2) what is the "Download Mirror" next to the File Download? do I need to download this also?

3) where do i drop the files and how do I run the MOD?

If anyone can give me a windows 7 step by step for dummies I will bless you with years of great simmers karma! If you Live in the Atlanta area I will pay anyone $50 bucks to come by and set me up with all the MODs!

Thanks to all who make this the best simulator community !!

Okay first off you need to Download all the files...

select download and save it to your HD.

The Readme is in the Zip files.

Mirror is just a link to an alternative server with the "mirror" image of the file you want. You don't need to touch this if you can get the file from the main link.

When the save as box appears save it to a location /folder you can find the file - The desktop is a nice easy place.

There are 4 files (parts 1 to Part 4) you need to download initially - I would get them installed in the correct order first before looking at the updates that are also in the SF2 downloads section.

The Zip file mentioned above is a compressed file - windows 7 will open this automatically - but you may still need to right click on the zip and extract the files to another location.

As a side note - If you are a newbie to SF2 I recommend you play the games in stock format for a while before starting with Mods.