Sign in to follow this  

Aviatik-Berg D.I

Aviatik-Berg D.IDesigned by Julius von Berg for the Aviatik company, the D.I was the first fighter completely built in Austria. The Berg was light and maneuverable, and after structural problems in the early models were overcome, it became a good combat plane.

Although nimble, reasonably fast, and able to reach higher altitudes than many of the planes it fought, the Aviatik D.I was prone to overheating. Many pilots flew with the engine cover panels removed, so I built this plane without the engine cover.

Early versions of the plane had the two Schwarzlose machine guns mounted low on each side of the engine. Later versions put the guns higher and within reach of the pilot to make it easier to clear jammed guns. This is a later version with the guns firing through tubes under the manifolds and projecting through the radiator.

I have included a basic skin along with my skinning templates. I highly recommend the skins made by Quack74, available at CombatACE as a separate download.

Revision 1 - June 12, 2011It appears that I made the original about 20% too large. I have rescaled the plane to the correct size, this involved making some changes in and around the cockpit. Since I was revising the cockpit, I put the correct guns in this version (Schartzlose instead of Spandau.) I have also included the FM written by ojcar, and the sound for the Austro-Daimler engine made by Nix.This version includes all new LODs, new data file, new cockpit ini, and new decal ini. If you have downloaded the previous version, it would be easiest to just delete the whole folder and replace it with this version.

Revision 2 - September 20, 2011I have added a complete set of letter decals so you can set a flight letter in the Loadout screen, or the game will randomly assign a different letter to each plane. There will also be a different serial number randomly assigned to each plane as well.

Revision 3 - June 5, 2012I have made slight changes to the model, especially in the rigging. This revision has all new LODs. Ojcar has made changes to the FM to work with the new model. All the decals are the same as before.

Installation Instructions - New install

For FE1 - Unzip the file and move the folder named "AviatikD1" into the "Aircraft" folder in the FirstEagles/Objects folder. You also need to move the sound file "Austro-daimler200.wav" into the FirstEagles/Sounds folder.

For FE2 - Unzip the file and move the folder named "AviatikD1" into the "Aircraft" folder in the FirstEagles/Objects folder. Then in the FirstEagles/Objects/Decals folder, create a new folder named "AviatikD1". Move the folder named "D" from the Aircraft/AviatikD1 folder into the Decals/AviatikD1 folder you just made.You also need to move the sound file "Austro-daimler200.wav" into the FirstEagles/Sounds folder.

Installation Instructions - Update existing install

For both FE1 and FE2 - Delete the following files and replace them with the new versions: All the LOD files and OUT files - you are deleting three of each and replacing them with four of each. The OUT files are optional and not necessary for the game. AviatikD1.ini - the new one makes use of the extra LOD.AviatikD1_DATA.INI - The new one uses the new rigging and is slightly more compact than the original.Everything else is the same as in the Revision 2 download.

• Like 1

very nice! can you do props to sf2?? clapping.gif

Thank you! I'll only be doing First Eagles for a while. I'm interested in World War I airplanes.

Thank you! I'll only be doing First Eagles for a while. I'm interested in World War I airplanes.

no problem! you are an great modder, when i buy FE, be sure, i will download this birdSalute.gif