Sign in to follow this  
FenrisWlf

Sound help....

Greetings,

I am having difficulties getting my current sound setup to work with OFF. I am outputting sound through my HDMI cable from my ATI 5870 to an A/V receiver and the only sound I get from OFF is the opening music and that is all. I suppose it is the way CFS3 outputs or detects sound cards that is the problem here. I guess I am looking for a work around. Poking around in the .ini files did not yield anything at first look. I tried to start up CFS3 to see if I could configure it there with no luck, when it started it stated that no sound device was detected and sounds would be turned off. On a side note I do have some older games that are from the same era as CFS3 that work fine.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Never heard of not recognising a sound card before - DirectX9 installed if you have Windows 7?

If Windows 7 / Vista make sure you setup CFS3 to work in compatibility mode (see FAQ).

Thanks for the response; got it working, was some fluke. Did a system restart and all is well.