Sign in to follow this  
Dutchy

Icehockey

Hello people from Hockeytown,

There is a lockout. What do you see now for icehockey on tv or live in a stadium?

Many NHL players are going or still are in Europe.

Maybe one NHL player is going to Amsterdam if the lockout is going on in January next year.

The Dutch competition is already started and mine favourite team is at the top. :clapping:

Every saturdaynight I am going to see them play. Seasonticket for the Flyers.

Other question. Some Dutch players play now in North America in lower Icehockey classes. Somebody seen them play?

Salute

Dutchy

Dutchy,

IMO, It is a sad state here. Toronto Maple Leafs fans are watching ZERO hockey right now. CBC is considering broadcasting some of the other league games starting this weekend, but I'm not sure how it will pan out.

All the radio stations, regardless of music type, mention the lockout on a daily basis. The odd time, one of the players will speak out and mention how silly the whole situation is, only to be slapped back into submission by the NHLPA big-wigs. It doesn't look like anyone is going to budge on this issue anytime soon. I guess it's time to hawk the jerseys and sticks on eBay. :shok:

So far nothing on tv here. :help:

Luckily we have a minor league team here in the United Hockey League. It's like a minor of a minor league team, but it's still fun to watch. My city's team is made up of all Canadians and 2 guys from the US. We'll never see any stars down in this league.

Before the IHL folded, we were in that for 50 years. Now that was a good league. We were Detroit and Winnipeg's farm team so we had many stars who either started or finished up here.

This morning on the radio I heard that the venues that would normally be hosting NHL games in the area have been served notice to go ahead and book other events (concerts, craft shows, etc.) there up until at least December.

Ugh....

Bah, time to turn to college hockey! Go Souix!!!

The University of North Dakota Souix will be playing their arch rivals, the University of Minnisota Gophers. It's gonna be an awesome game, #2 vs. #3, respectivly. Being my third hockey game, this ones gonna rock...