Sign in to follow this  
Stary

DAT's WoA -new engine damaged effect

WoA has one particular nice feature -the use of engine damage effect, which by default isn't used.

By adding the effect file pointer in AircraftObject.ini, DAT aliased the AircraftSmokeEffect to EngineDamageEffect=

BUT, some of you might be using one of my effects packs in their install -if that's the casse, then AircraftSmokeEffect starts with big plume of smoke scattering in all directions -nice but not as this effect of damaged engine...

So I created new simple "AircraftEngineSmokeEffect" to be used as, well, you guessed right, EngineDamageEffect= entry

To use it, you must open the AircraftObject.ini included in WoA install, and change this line to point the effect call to new effect file:

[Effects]

AircraftSmokeEffect=AircraftSmokeEffect

FuelFireEffect=AircraftFuelFireEffect

EngineDamageEffect=AircraftEngineSmokeEffect

EngineFireEffect=AircraftEngineFireEffect

FuelLeakEmitter=FuelLeakEmitter

ContrailEmitter=ContrailEmitter

AfterburnerMaterial=AfterburnerMaterial

WaterSplashEffect=ShipDamageEffect

So, as I use my Unified Effects pack in my test, unstable WW2 install (that WoA is integrated part of) here's small new engine damage effect:

extract to your Effects folder, IF asked, overwrite

here's the effect ingame, visible on the damaged right engine of SM.79 on the left:

it's darker, more grey/blue-ish tint to it, but also more transparent than standard aircraft smoke

Oh lovely stuff! Looks great!

Edited by ndicki

try this with updated Unified Effects (update available as separate download) :grin: