Hi fellas,I've been playing IL2 series since it came out, so I'm not a really a nOOb, but I do like to have unlimited ammo on, which leads to the following question,

With unlimited ammo on, how can I jettison bombs? It's great for utterly destroying ground targets, so I don't have to fly there again and again, but when the enemy fighters come out, I'm at an extreme disadvantage. When the autopilot flies, just before landing, he is able to unload, I just don't see any way of cleaning up for the fight. Any help here?

I believe you may be SOL there because jettisoning bombs is done like normal bombing, but not caring where they hit. If you've got unlimited ammo then I guess there's nothing you can do. I must say I adapted well to fly online with limited ammunition and truth be said, you don't live too long or can always come back and land for a successful sorty completion and get back into the fight with renewed supplies so flying with limited ammounts isn't that bad - and one gets better at attacking targets or selects aircraft closer to one's fighting style if bombing isn't your thing.- I've learned to appreciate tank-busters like the Hs-129 this way, with their smooth-flying contra-rotating engine setup... a real beauty with a heavy cannon for hitting hard! :good:

Thanks for the info, TX3RN0BILL, I guess I should of mentioned that it was in offline SP Campaigns. I haven't attemted on-line flight in a very long time.