Sign in to follow this  
andersblume

Radar Warning Receiver

Are u going to include the Radar Warning Receiver system in your simulator?

I think that it would be great with a complete system with all the raders sounds, just like in Falcon 4.0... just improved a bit :spiteful:

Btw.. if u havent already read the great book "Sea Harrier over the falklands" by Commander 'Sharkey' Ward, I will strongly recommend it! Its a great book! and it "really gives u a controversial account of what happened in the falklands"

Don't worry, we will feature the radar warning receivers the Sea Harriers and Harriers used, if I remember well they were Ferranti or Marconi devices, installed in the tail plane of the jets. Gives an edge over the argentine aircraft as argies weren't fitted with any RWR (perhaps the Super Etendard was, but I'm still lacking info in the avionics of this jet).

And, yes, myself and Steve read the book Sea Harrier Over the Falklands, there are even some bried, but useful descriptions of the operations of the radar and nav systems of the Sea Harrier, a must read ;)

Edited by Dante-JT