Sign in to follow this  
Olham

Oh, the Joys of being an "Unknown Airman"

Chiseled on a gravestone, it is rather a sad thing to see, but alive in OFF, it can be a great joy:

to be an unknown airman yet.

For doing some testing of Herr Prop-Wasche's FM and DM mods, I didn't want to risk a veteran

pilot of mine, and chose the young Feldwebel Mahlo at Jasta 14, in April 1917.

Weather was a dream - in April! - and our flying took place in a great scenery (thanks again,

Winder - you're like God's own Gardener in OFF!).

Even when we got under attack, I felt easy and took it in a sportive way - I was just not burdened

by the many hours and achievements my more "serious" pilot would risk.

Herr Prop-Wasche's DM

is really great - it took me quite some time to bring down my opponent, and I guess, I had some help

from the Flak. Combined with Creaghorn's hard to see tracers, it was so much more of a real dog-

fight; the French was winding and squirming like a toad; and as long as I didn't hit any vital parts or

the pilot, he would fly on. Well done, HPW - very good!

Herr Prop-Wasche's FM

was not yet very noticible for myself in the Albatros D.II - maybe there were only minor changes

made? - but I saw, that the Nieuport behaved quite different. The French didn't simply fall down like

a tumbling leaf, when he was finished, nor did he perform that "tail-first" sinking to the deck.

He actually even landed his smoking craft with a left wing tip missing!

I couldn't shoot at him anymore after all the damage and was very happy, when he landed at Chery-

les-Pouilly airfield (yes, he really landed on the field; not just in a landscape!).

Unfortunately he crashed into a tent and blew up - maybe it was his final strike on us?

I will continue the testing; it is very convincing so far.

What is most funny - after re-installing JSGME Mod Enabler, my ACE SKINS DO ALL SHOW!

More later on.

Here are the pictures: http://combatace.com/topic/37244-screen-shots-videos-media-off-posters/page__view__findpost__p__513194

Edited by Olham

My JSGME is Version v2.2.0.120 - maybe an old version?

Yes, I find HPWs Ultimate Damage model to be a very exciting challenge. Here's a fun little Quick Combat I had with it. Damn exciting opponents.

Hellshade