Sign in to follow this  
firehawkordy

Finally Went To The Darkside

Went ahead and installed FSX the other day. I have to say, it runs better than my FS9 install. My only gripe is a lack of good freeware helos. Most of the payware I have installed were ones bundled with an FS9 purchase. So far the only thing I bought for X is an FSUIP registration, I can't live without a fully functioning copy. My big worry about frame rates being s**t were false, found the right mix of scenery and traffic settings to make the world interesting. As of now I'm slowly building up my scenery and aircraft files, this time only things I am really going to fly and fly to.

Every time I get a new rig or smoke a hard drive and then have to re-install FSX I say to myself, "self, this time lets try to keep the airplanes folder somewhere below 16GB for once!"

It works for a couple weeks, and I know which ones I can't live without like my Carenado birds and some Flight1 stuff. Then, I have to remember where all the nice freeware stuff is and get that, like the Premier Aircraft Design (shame the loss they just suffered BTW) aircraft and some of the stuff I used to find at Nor-Cal Prop Club. Then one day I see something that looks really cool and I grab it out of impulse and only fly it once. As soon as the flood gates open, the planes just start to flow. And then, not too long after that, I have myself an 18.7 GB (current size) Airplanes folder!!!

Good luck with keeping the add-ons under control, hope your self discipline rates a little higher then mine!!!

Must admit I have only just reinstalled it about 3 weeks ago... and I am back above 20gigs already with all the addons I have I will look at what I have when I get home Firehawk and see what good links I have for Helo's as I have quite a few... :drinks: