Sign in to follow this  
ST0RM

Nemeth Design

My buddy recently bought this and called me over to test it out. He was having trouble getting it started up, despite using the manual.

Well, I thought it should be a snap after watching a YouTube video on the procedures and having the manual at my disposal. I was wrong.

It's about a 6 step process just to get the engines started and rotors turning. There is no option to use the "Shift-E" start-up. Nor is there an easy button to configure it for immediate start, like with the IRIS F-16D.

We both spent over an hour clicking switches in sequence, trying to get the engines started. Nothing worked. Our first two attempts failed because we couldnt get one of the servos to come online.

Finally we both gave up and in frustration, Brett deleted it completely from his sim. I think he's going to try and get his money back or credit toward something else.

On the plus side, the model and detail is amazing. You can tell they spent a lot of time on getting things right.

On the down side, it's all controlled from the flight deck. We just couldnt hit some keys and get the lights on or ramp/door to open.

I would have liked to try and fly it. I just don't have days to get checked out in the actual CH-53E.

-S

Usually Nemeth builds their stuff with bugs in them so that when people download it freeware style instead of paying for it it won't start. a lot of companies that make stuff for FSX do this.

Specifically for the CH-53, if you ran the patches off of the Nemeth Designs website it won't work. If you payed for it ask them for help, they will help you. If you didn't, then run it without patching it, and the 6 step video start up will work just fine. I have it and didn't pay for it and ran into similar issues until someone cued me into how it really works :)

PS, get the Huey, it is the s**t!!!

~Rob

I doubt that Brett would get it anywhere else but from a payware site, but I can't say for certain.

But it does make some sense. Still ticks me off not knowing for sure, nor seeing it in action.

-S

I doubt that Brett would get it anywhere else but from a payware site, but I can't say for certain.

But it does make some sense. Still ticks me off not knowing for sure, nor seeing it in action.

-S

I got that when it first came out and got pissed when I found out it was for FSX. I installed it once I got X and had no trouble getting it started, you have read the manual. I also don't have any patches and it runs fine. I did make a copy of the manual for use as a checklist. If you want I can zip up the manual and checklist and send them to you. It is really a good bird but it is manual and checklist driven.

Thanks ordy. He got the help to get it running eventually. It was a bad download or something. I've moved south to Oklahoma since then and can't drive over anymore to check it out.