Sign in to follow this  
Olham

A black Fee for Bullethead

Doesn't this FE2b look dangerous, a Lady in Black, with a lethal bomb - a perfect craft for Bullet, I thought.

Ronny Bar's colour profiles are top notch, and if you haven't seen his website yet - go there to find more.

Like Roderick Dallas' S.E.5a with an interesting camo pattern.

http://www.ronnybarprofiles.com/profiles/

Very nice, and very reminiscent of Bob Pearson's work. Love the bomb loadout on that Fee!

Yes, Bob Pearson is another "maker of colour profiles", and he again has used a lot of the info

Dan San-Abbott had collected and painted for sale.

Our forum's own JFM also did and still does great profiles for his books, by the way.

Thanks for the info, Olham. Looks like a great site.

I made a black Fee once, for Lou after he bombed Berlin. It's from later in the war when the roundels lacked the white ring, though.

post-45917-0-09165200-1317471286.jpg

wow!...I think I'll have a bash at skinning that SE5

What? Lou bombed Berlin???

Before Herr Goering could even offer to be called Herr Müller, if that ever happened?

I knew you would say that, Widowmaker! Good success!

What? Lou bombed Berlin???

Before Herr Goering could even offer to be called Herr Müller, if that ever happened?

Oh yes. See, once upon a time I bombed Dover harbor, hitting purely military targets at the docks. I doubt I even broke a window in the town itself. But in retaliation, the evil Englanders, led by Lou, rained indescriminate destruction on civilians in Berlin.

post-45917-0-16441200-1317471879.jpg

post-45917-0-33116600-1317472012.jpg

Mmuahahahahahahahahaaaaaa!!!!!

"Achtung...Vidowmaker in his Snipe!....Let's get out of here...he'll fry us for sure!" :grin:

Didn't he offer to be called "Meyer" instead of "Muller" [can't find the umlout]. And you say, "...if that ever happened". I've heard it reported so many times. Is it possible that it's apochryfal?

Maybe I expressed it wrong - my English isn't perfect.

I meant, that Goering said these famous words no earlier than in WW2.

And maybe Herr Meyer as well.

Müller and Meyer are the two most common names in Germany.

Müller and Meyer are the two most common names in Germany.

As I understand it, Meyer is also a very common last name among Jews, hence Gorings statement, "If a bomb ever falls on Berlin, you can call me 'Meyer'." Is 'Muller' also common among Jews? I only ask because this is the first time I've ever heard this variation on the story.

Hey, that profile makes the Fee look almost beautiful! Definitely great work.

No idea about both names being also typical Jewish ones? I couldn't say.

What I heard about names, was that the Jews once had to buy them family names in Germany.

Those names had to be paid per letter. (No idea, when that was).

So, rich Jews chose long names which sounded good and wealthy, like Garfunkel or Goldstein;

while the poor chose short names like Süss or Blau.

Edited by Olham

The Fee is beautiful, especially the /d, no matter how it's painted. :yes:

What I heard about names, was that the Jews once had to buy them family names in Germany.

Very interesting. I knew that at some time Jews were required to adopt German names, but didn't know they were required to purchase them. thanks, Olham.

Something similar happened in America. During the late 1800's\early 1900's, when there was a huge influx of European immigrants arriving in America, Immigration Officials at Ellis Island, NY were frequently meeting names that taxed the ability of an English-speaking tongue. When this happened the official simply crossed out the foreign name on the entry papers and wrote in an English sounding name. Thus 'Vaclav Juszczak' became 'Charles Smith'. My father, who worked in the steel industry, told me that many workers had two names. In those days you were hired by the day. Workers would arrive at the main gate and the foreman would come out and hand-pick his crew for the day. He's pass out tokens. If you got one, you could go in and work for that day. He's ask the name of the worker, and an assistant would write it down. If the name was too complex, he'd give the guy a new name.

Edited by Hauksbee

That Dallas Se5A is gorgeous.......love to have that skin....anything like it available for import to OFF....or if it's there already....more the fool I!

That Dallas Se5A is gorgeous.......love to have that skin....anything like it available for import to OFF....or if it's there already....more the fool I!

I'm having a go at skinning it.... If I can find the Wing picture for it

(actually, this is probably enough to be getting on with)

post-22245-0-19817100-1317650997.jpg

Edited by UK_Widowmaker