Sign in to follow this  
smithcorp

Mission incomplete

Hi all - been playing an F100 Rolling Thunder Campaign. I got a mission to hit a bridge. On the ingress I got messages that other packages had hit the bridge. When I got to the target, the bridge was partially down. Mine and my wingman's attacks with bombs failed to bring down the last span, but the rest of the bridge was in the water. The red diamond on the main target of the bridge was still active as we flew away.

On return, got a mission incomplete, aborted message. Does every element of the target (in this case a bridge) have to be down, or is the success based on the percentage of bombs that hit the target?

Thanks in advance for replies.

smith

Hi all - been playing an F100 Rolling Thunder Campaign. I got a mission to hit a bridge. On the ingress I got messages that other packages had hit the bridge. When I got to the target, the bridge was partially down. Mine and my wingman's attacks with bombs failed to bring down the last span, but the rest of the bridge was in the water. The red diamond on the main target of the bridge was still active as we flew away.

On return, got a mission incomplete, aborted message. Does every element of the target (in this case a bridge) have to be down, or is the success based on the percentage of bombs that hit the target?

Thanks in advance for replies.

smith

Hey there! A small pro tip I always follow is, no matter what the target is, always take more weapons than needed. As a rule of thumb, if the red diamond is still present, it means you haven't "completed" the target, if you know what I mean. You should always try to make the red diamond go away. If you have the chance, use the Maverick's, they are much better and efficient than Iron "dumb" bombs!

I have found that to kill a bridge you have to be very precise, which means you have to put the bomb directly where the red diamond is. Other targets like hangars or fuel tanks don't require this much precision to be accepted as destroyed, but for some reason the span that must be dropped on a bridge is marked by the red diamond.

Good Luck!