Sign in to follow this  
Olham

Call me silly - I like it with style

Got me two black notebooks like these, with black stretch bands to hold them closed.

They have a very soft high quality paper, which I can draw or write on with an ink pen.

These are my new pilot notebooks now, and it is real fun to use them, to write in

them. Seems I'm coming to the age, where you enjoy such minor details.

Nothing wrong with having style must admit I prefer to write down details than stick them on a PC...

Very nice Olham! I've had some nice high-quality leather-bound notebooks in my time and it feels good to write in them. I currently use a simple recycled paper composition notebook similar to this.

sany0018300x225.jpg

Edited by Shiloh

I'd like to volunteer myself as the worlds worst diary keeper. In my 45 years, the longest I've maintained any written record is about 3 or 4 days.

I must have some 'issue' in my personality, because I know it's ok to forget a few days, and simply go back to it or leave a gap, and keep up from that point forward. I don't know if it's OCD or being a perfectionist, but for me that would be a diary with a gap, and it's no good, - as a diary your document is fatally flawed forevermore. Whether that's the reason I let it go, or just the excuse it doesn't change anything. You resolve to start all over again - 1st January next year. I don't know what that says about me, probably nothing good, but my inability to keep a diary comes from deep within and hasn't changed in any way or capacity in all of those 45 years through good times and bad, happy or sad.

I do 'get' the new ledger excitement, and having a good quality ledger and the opportunity to fill those crisp inviting pages full of something that really interests you. I can and do feel that intensely,....but only for 3 or 4 days.

I don't find my past is exceptionally dull, but reading my own words about my own past I just find is incredibly dull. When I read my own diarys I don't find myself recalling the events which happened, instead I find myself recalling what I was thinkig when writing the words down. It's like trying to read a badly written novel when you already know how it ends.

I salute you gents. I envy your capacity to do it and your dedication.

I keep a Diary about the Blonde Girl next Door!...Is that wrong? :lol:

I'm note writing diaries - I use these books for my pilots' notes.

About the blonde next door, you should (perhaps) find other ways to get in touch? :heat:

I would stay in touch with binoculars Widow. :grin: