Sign in to follow this  
Flyby PC

Monitor Problem

I dont think thats a problem m8....Over to you Paulo?

I've googled up a bit, and in my child-like understanding of how computers work, a Dynamic disk is kind of able to 'jump' a partiton when and if the need arises, and this is good, but the down side is that if you lose data, it can be harder to recover because the divide formed by partitions is not so permanent. The bottom line seems to be a dynamic disk is fine, but your unwise to have your operating system on a dynamic disk.

That might be wrong, but that's what I've understood, and because I may see the need to put an operating system on this new hard drive, I've stopped the formatting, and reconfigured the formatting to a basic drive, not a dynamic one. I was 55% of the way through the formating of 2TB, and we're back to the start, but it's now a Basic disk.

I thank you for your help and advice gents, good things are now happening to my PC, and I'm now a little wiser than I was before. :drinks: :drinks: :drinks:

£107.00, or 125 euros.

For 2TB SATA I thought that was quite good, compared to around £80 for 400Gb IDE.

Not bad flyby. I paid last week 99€ for a 500GB hardisk for one of my clients.

And I asked the clerk if he could get me one with 1TB he said, he didn't knew if it was possible, and it would cost 125€.

So not bad. But mind you would have probably buy that 2TB for 80€ a couple of weeks ago.

I only hope that none of my hardisk will kaput. They say that at least one year until the productions and the price gets normalized.

That's the price for having the whole industry in one place and with one owner.

That's the kamikaze politic in which we live nowadays.

I'll laugh if this affects servers or primordial services. As usual someone will enrich with all this.