Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

OT L.A.Noire

Thanks VP! It's started to affect my enjoyment of the game a bit as it happens pretty often at this point. I've had 2 CTD's that may be connected as it was jittering pretty good right before. I'll give these a look. :good:

I wish all consoles would just die!!!!!!

I wish all consoles would just die!!!!!!

Amen.

:salute:

There's another way to remove the cap:

[Another method to remove 30FPS cap:

• Download the program - ArtMoney

• Start the game

• Alt-Tab to ArtMoney

• Select the process L.A. Noire and click "Search"

• Enter the value 59.94000, Type - "Float(standart)"

• Add the found value to table and change it to:

119.88 - for 60 FPS cap

99.90 - for 50 FPS cap

79.92 - for 40FPS cap

• Alt-Tab to game

By the way, UK, from what I've read these workaround gives a boost in some situations, so it's good for everyone.

Edited by Von Paulus

Thanks VP....I honestly havent had any issues myself... Just one of those 'throws of the Dice' I guess

Also look at this:

http://www.dsogaming...k-bars-removal/

I've seen reports of big improvement with this workaround.

Edit: The guy's dropbox seems to be overflowed with traffic. :cool:

Here another link: http://www.gamefront.../files/21041862

This is really sign that the game was ported. Black bars and cap at 30fps because of the lousy consoles.

This worked VP. :good:

I utilized the ArtMoney app off the second link and it did a great job of smoothing out the hiccups. I changed the cap to 60 FPS and it seemed to do the trick. I still CTD twice over an hour period - usually with fast driving - but overall I'm happy with the difference. I just finished an incredible car chase through the aqueducts of L.A. and was quite surprised with how exciting it was. Here are my settings which are mostly maxed out but I set AA one notch down from the best settings and also shadows as well. Thanks buddy for helping me out and now I can enjoy this wonderful game.

lanoiresettings.jpg

Thanks VP....I honestly havent had any issues myself... Just one of those 'throws of the Dice' I guess

That's good Widow. There's nothing worse than wanting to enjoy a game and running into performance issues. :this: Thanks for your help!