Sign in to follow this  
Vampyre

Iranian F-4E Il-76 crash

I'm not sure if this has been posted and I'm also not sure if its a fake but it is interesting to watch.

Edited by Vampyre

Yeah, it's been posted before and it's not fake. It happened on the 22nd Sept 2K9 and was a mid-air collision between it and a Saeqeh I think. I can't remember if it was the Iraqi AWACS plane or an IL-76 variant.

It's not fake... And it wasn't a collision with an F-5 that caused that to crash either. The Il-76 or "A-50" variant that crashed did so due to its radar dome on top coming loose and striking the tail section...notice as the plane is falling, there is no tail. I read an article in either AirForce's Monthly or Combat Aircraft, and they said that the pilot declared an emergency, but by that time, it was too late. The radome flew off and hit the tail, causing the aircraft to completely lose control and crash...during a military parade, I believe. Kinda sucks for them... that was their only operational "AWACS-ish" Il-76 aircraft...The other one is an old Ex-Iraqi Baghdad-1 or -2 Ilyushin Il-76 variant that's been rotting away in Tehran ever since the first Gulf War, I think...

As far as I remember, it crashed near the village of Vali Abad, near Tehran. The seven people aboard were killed.

The accident occurred in the Qarchak region, near a place where they attended a military parade. Early reports indicated that the I.R.I.A.F aircraft had crashed while on maneuvers in the parade to celebrate the national week of the defense. But the officials Iranian military quickly denied, saying that the crash happened during an exercise near Qarchak and had no connection with the aerial maneuvers of the parade.

Edited by B52STRATO

And it wasn't a collision with an F-5 that caused that to crash either.

It's weird, some reports say it was that, others contradict it and state that an F-5 or Saeqeh aircraft crashed as a result of hitting the Il-76 with the 2 crew ejecting safely.