Sign in to follow this  
Flyby PC

OT Dogs in the Snow

And another view..... all keenly awaiting the throw of the ball! :smile:

080.jpg

We don't get enough snow down here on the bayou to count. However, we do have monkey grass, which not only is evergreen, but traps cool air under all its leaves. So, even on a 40^F morning, my dog still likes to plop down in it briefly between bursts of frenetic activity.

gallery_45917_725_286166.jpg

This is Velocicanis cavitator, sometimes called Speckles, but I mostly call her Ofi Losa, which is Choctaw for "black dog". This dog has a gift for languages. being able to understand anything related to her, even indirectly, whether it's spoken in English, Cajun, Gaelic, Latin, or Choctaw. So when it's time to take her to the vet, we've been reduced to writing down our conversations and holding the paper so she can't see it :yikes:

gallery_45917_725_137108.jpg

But linguistic skills don't imply brains in other areas. For instance, despite several years of overwhelming evidence to the contrary, this dog is still convinced she can dig faster than chipmunks can run through pre-existing tunnels. But I don't hold that against her because it's a common failing in all dogs. For example, she's not responsible for all this digging. A fox tried to dig down through the top of the stump and also did the damage to the roots. At least my dog is smart enough not to attempt digging through wood :lol:

Brilliant BH!... What a nice Dog!

She's quite well-behaved except when under the urge to dig overpowers her. Then you pretty much have to take a baseball bat to her to make her stop.

She can pass herself off as a border collie at least on the behavior side, but obviously had some other things mixed in a few generations back. Note especially the short but very powerful front legs, which I think probably came from pitbull grandfather. Her front paws are about twice the size of her rear paws, which makes her tracks look like they were made by 2 different dogs. She also bays like a hound and has a more hound-like face than the foxy look of most collies.

Gaw, I couldn't resist - hope your puppies won't sue me for that! :grin:

nice one Ol.....cheers!!!

Edited by gaw

So cute, the little fellers! :good: Good text, Flyby!

Edited by Olham

hahaha...very good chaps!....the subject matter screams out for it! :rofl: