Sign in to follow this  
Adonis

Would ya all guys...

OK, this is ment for all modders over here...

Ppl, what ya do is cool, verry good, but would ya all PLEASE WRITE DOWN THE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS IN THE MOD'S README'S! :angry:

So far I've found 1 mod that has the install instructions, but that SHOULD be a COMMON thing.

I have D/L-ded a few mods and dunno how to install them...

In the game I mod it's polite not to include install instructions! Files can't be released withouth them included!

I have trouble with installing "A10 and Su-33 Real Weapon Mod", and the skins which are in *.dds format...

Ya'll hive a nice day

> > A D O N I S < <

Firstly, you are perfectly right; BUT:

I've made a few mods and always make a detailed readme (for LOMAN - which is an auto-installer utility for Lock On mods), and I used to provide extensive manual install instructions, but quite often you find people don't even bother to read any instructions given (nor even look at them, or else, they somehow get them backwards ... text adverse people it seems... :dntknw: ), but instead, users continually ask basic questions for which they already have the detailed answers provided ... and still EXPECT you to re-type or re-iterate it for them in step by step detail ... :blink::rtfm:

After a few times you just give it a miss.

I don't bother providing manual installation procedures any more, I just offer a LOMAN compatible version. If they want to install it, then they can press the install button in LOMAN, because I know they won't even bother to read the instruction I provide, nor the description of the mods intent, content and install options. ;)

I think modder’s just get fed-up with writing step-by-step manual instructions for users (perhaps a minority) who don't even bother to read them, nor apply them step-by-step as directed. Basically, notoriously lazy noob mod users have themselves to blame and if you even suggest to them they might :rtfm: - they can get a bit prissy about being told to not be so fekin lazy and read the instructions. :wacko:

argh! … what can you do? :grin:

argh! … what can you do? :grin:

Something we do:

We include the install instructions, and if they start bitching about how to install it, we ignore them :haha::rofl::diablo::crazy::cool:

So, would ya ppl atleast tell me how to install those I mentioned above (becuz I have every right to ask so :P )?

Something we do:

We include the install instructions, and if they start bitching about how to install it, we ignore them :haha:  :rofl::diablo:  :crazy:  :cool:

So, would ya ppl atleast tell me how to install those I mentioned above (becuz I have every right to ask so :P )?

heh, it's simple, google up LOMAN 2.1 (you will probably find it in the BioHaz D/L site under utilities), D/L it, install it, read the readme for LOMAN, and then you will find they all install easy as p!ss mate! ;) :grin: