Sign in to follow this  
lxsapper

Old Upgrades for Nato Fighters 4+

Hello Everyone,

I don't consider myself a modder because what I have been doing is just some compiling and .ini editing on top of real modders work.

But I've spent a day and half merging the latest NF4+ installment with Carriers for Red Storm 86 and Piecemeal's Airfields for HR GearmanyCE.

Now maybe I'm real dumb but it was a lot of trouble to getting it to work. Heavy ini editing (heavy for me at least).

Piecemeal's airfield come with some old file versions that if aplied to current NF4+ installements wilIl break stuff. For starters the Targets ini, doesnt have the highway runways, that are standart in NF, so you need to merge the two. Then you've got to merge the target types as well. I left out all of target types that were not used (after targetype 103) in the merged targets ini. Also there were two files missing in the ground objects (a lot more if all targets had been kept) one beeing the Roland_shelter wich I couldn't find for download but both were present in the Malvinas 82 Mod.

Then there were the carrier ops. NF current files actually are pre-prepared for this, but a couple of tweaks are still nedded, and a few files from the original Carriers for Red Storm 86

should be left out.

Why am I describing all of this? Well I just wanted to ask if there would be any interested in me uploading this files. Or even some ready to copy over upgrades to NF.

And if the Moders whose work it really is woukd have anything to object. I know most moders here have agreed to let they're work be redistributed. But I'm not sure who everyone is.

Or even who are the authors of some stuff like the ground objects.

i can make a list of things that should need to be added to a mod to add these features "ready to install over".

What do you think?

Is there any interest in this?

Cheers

I am much interested, sent you my email via MP just in case but would be a nice idea to upload for everyone imo. :good:

Edited by rollnloop

or wait for the offiical update for it. Its on tap after the DS mod is released. Which is coming soon itself.

or wait for the offiical update for it. Its on tap after the DS mod is released. Which is coming soon itself.

Good news, thanks for infos Dave :drinks: