Sign in to follow this  
gaw

Float View

never really fooled around with this....shift + F6....but it's very nice. anybody know if you can/how to substitute this float view for one of the 4 views that F4 cycles thru? Thanks...gaw

Gaw, you press "Pause" ingame and then "Esc" to get to the "Controls".

There select "View commands" and go to the command "Toggle scroll/snap view".

I had assigned a joystick (thumb) button to this command.

So I could easily change between the view with the fixed angles, which I used for fights;

and the float view, which is nicer for the flying around.

To change a command, you MUST select "Add new assignment", and add your new key/button first.

Only AFTER that, you can delete the previous command key/button.

Edited by Olham

Ol.....got it.....bless you, but what I'm after is altering the sequence of F4 view choices. The only one I've ever been able to alter is the last F4 stroke which defines player/target view.....with a deft touch of Cntl/Alt F4 it changes to target/player view instead of player/target view .....which allows me to see who's after me.....not terribly sporting to be sure but an edge that's undeniably useful. I'm hoping to put the Float view into that cycle of 4 views but haven't a clue how to do so....if it's even possible. The view UI xml is changeable.....including your own marvelous FOV settings.....and other HUD aids 1-5 that I've taken advantage of in the other CFS shops. Just a thought...but it's funny how these forums spark an interest in a fraction of change in a otherwise waiting world. gaw

I love the float view and use it quite often. I had to assign it to its own separate button though.

I wonder why no one ever uses it in their videos? It is a very nice effect.

Crossbones

dunno.....I suspect it just fell under peoples radar.......I seldom hit the fly-by view either....and that's a cool look-see too....onward and upward!!!