Sign in to follow this  
VFC_Baxter

The "Perfect" Screenshot

Hi All,

I know I have asked this before, but in FEG how do you get rid of all text and help markers off of the screen in order to take a screenshot? I will write the answer down this time as it does not appear in the manual. I love some of the shots you guys are posting too, I have the yellow Pfalz squadron up as my desktop at the moment. :good:

Use "free camera" mode CTRL F12 then you can zoom about in 3D using mouse/arrow keys, whatever you have setup..

Hit Alt+D then Alt+D again. This should cycle you thru: 1. Both red and white text boxes; or - 2. Both text boxes plus FPS readout; or - 3. No text boxes, no FPS readout.

IIRC if you have gameplay difficulty set to 'Hard', you also eliminate the 'direction to next waypoint' cone and the red box around your selected target, which is how I PLAY (plus screen cleared as above), never mind just for taking screenies! I also have the huddata.ini edited to 'comment out' (// prefix) the line that creates the red target info box so this NEVER appears; and another .ini (can't recall which one, might be the same one?) edited so that when the in-flight map appears, there are no plane icons visible, just your waypoints and the legs between them. Means the map doesn't act like a radar screen or AWACS type info. This isn't bragging - one of FE's big strengths, I have found, is that you can play the whole time with ALL the visual aids turned off, just referring to the (decluttered) map from time to time to get your bearings, and occasionally bringing up the white info box to check height and heading (speed hardly matters with a c.100mph max). Much more immersive, plus easier to take screenies.