Sign in to follow this  
ultramig688

instant action no chaff or flares

is there a way to add chaff and flares to the instant action default F-4 phantom?:dunno:

You have to go and add it into the data.ini for the aircraft. Which F-4 are you talking about? Some should already have it.

Edit the options.ini by replacing the line in the Instant Action section to give you a later F-4 variant. Maybe F-4E_78

i would think any f-4 phantom should have chaff and flares no matter what model.

i would think any f-4 phantom should have chaff and flares no matter what model.

very untrue, as a lot models had none historically...

steve1070,

A lot of the aircraft are meant to be historically accurate where possible. That means that things like certain aircraft not carrying certain missiles, or lacking certain ECM features are not a bug, but in fact reflect reality. Another example was someone posting that the big gun on the A-10 doesn't sound right because it sounds like a loud fart when firing. What the person didn't know was that the GAU-8 cannon on the Hawg (and most other 'Vulcan' cannons of a similar design) sounds exactly like that because of the high rate of fire.

One final example is folks assuming you should be able to do a VTOL taxioff in a Harrier...with a full weapons load. Doesn't happen...a fully outfitted Harrier can only (with very few exceptions) do a STOL takeoff. VTOL ops are typically meant for recovery.

If you're ever unsure as to what an aircraft should or should not be able to do, usually a quick Google search and/or a search on this website will enlighten you. It'll help save you time and frustration, and will guide you on what questions to ask and when to ask them.

FC

thanks to everyone for their input and answers the information is very helpful.after sticking my foot in my mouth i researched the f-4 question and found out as some of you have said that some f-4's more over the airforce variant did not have chaff and flare dispencers( with some exceptions ) until the E model but the navy models did.so as fastcargo said it pays to do your homework.:read: