Sign in to follow this  
MSPV12

Noob needs some help please with mods

Hi Everyone.

I am new here. Has SFP1 many years ago and recently decided to get back into it, so purchased SF2 Vietnam. The instal package is dated march 2012, so I assume it is fully patched up to date? All installed OK, so I dug around in here and came across the four part download expansion pack V2.0 Gold.

reading through the instructions I came to this:

Copy the "cockpit" folder from the .RAR file and drop it into the following sub-directories of the \Aircraft directory in your SF2Vietnam Mod Folder (objects/aircraft):

A-6A

A-6B

EA-6A

EA-6B

EB-66C

KA-6D

RB-66C

Unfortunately, none of those aircraft folders appear in my Mods/objects/aircraft folder. Do I have to download those aircraft seperately? I appreciate any help

I think you have missed some downloads.

Cause most of that listed aircrafts above are 3rd partie ones.

Or you haven´t extracted a needet rar file.

I don´t know if the Vietnam Gold add on is an all inclusive install.

Edited by Soulfreak

Hi and thanks for the reply.

I think you must be right. The mod states it is all inclusive except for pointing you to download the A6 whatever seperately. Guess I need to look up those aircraft files listed above, on their own?

Hi Everyone.

I am new here. Has SFP1 many years ago and recently decided to get back into it, so purchased SF2 Vietnam. The instal package is dated march 2012, so I assume it is fully patched up to date? All installed OK, so I dug around in here and came across the four part download expansion pack V2.0 Gold.

reading through the instructions I came to this:

Copy the "cockpit" folder from the .RAR file and drop it into the following sub-directories of the \Aircraft directory in your SF2Vietnam Mod Folder (objects/aircraft):

A-6A

A-6B

EA-6A

EA-6B

EB-66C

KA-6D

RB-66C

Unfortunately, none of those aircraft folders appear in my Mods/objects/aircraft folder. Do I have to download those aircraft seperately? I appreciate any help

If you followed that AGXP Gold instructions correctly, you should have those aircraft folders. Did you install all 4 parts plus the updates that are available in the download section?

If you followed that AGXP Gold instructions correctly, you should have those aircraft folders. Did you install all 4 parts plus the updates that are available in the download section?

Double-checking now.................

It looks like I copied the files into the objects file in the main folder and not into the object/aircraft/mods!! I hope this has fixed it, if not I'll try a clea instal and go again. Thanks guys

Edited by MSPV12

Thanks guys. I now have the planes, but seem to have overlooked something else.

When I spawned in my A6A, it was sitting on the surface of the ocean and my carrier was not there! Is there another mod needed to instal carriers?

TIA

Mark

Thanks guys. I now have the planes, but seem to have overlooked something else.

When I spawned in my A6A, it was sitting on the surface of the ocean and my carrier was not there! Is there another mod needed to instal carriers?

TIA

Mark

All seems good now guys. Just to be safe I did a clean instal. It seems I was confused over what the 'mod' folder is. Now that has been corrected (thanks to a link posted to the KB), we have a winner and all is well with the world. :)