Thinking about my own FE2 campaigns (the Armchair Aces mod) I had an idea about Armed Recon missions. It can be useful in mods with massive armored armies (Dessert Storm, Nato Fighters, etc)

-Go to your objects folder, make a copy of any tank or AFV you like. Rename it to your own taste.

-Go to the new object .ini. Rename it to match the new folder name.

-Go to the Data.ini of the object. Look for the GroundObjectRole= line and change it to TRANSPORT

-Go to the Availability= ExportAvailability= and set it to your taste. I let it to be less common than the trucks.

Then you'll have from time to time Armed Recon missions where you have to attack tank columns traveling to the front! True A-10/Su-25 fodder!!!!

I did that for the original DS mod when it was first released, like 4-5 years ago!!

Best rename, would the *nameofvhiecle*_T , just like I did for the destroyable carriers on the Okinawa WW2 map. "T" for transport or targetable

I didn't knew that, Wrench! No wonder, since Desert Storm is a little too modern to my taste! Believe it or not, I have never fly the F-15, go figure!. But I promise to play with modern stuff when the new DS will be available, and have to purchase NA too...

Not a good idea. One time i tried this in First Eagles and there were LOTS of tanks in a row (about 50) I think there is no way to set a limit for transport units

Edited by Hansa

The more the tanks, the more the targets! What's wrong with an entire tank regiment or brigade moving? Think about some battles, like those in Golan heights, or Kurks, if WWII is your thing.

Of couse, not real use for my main thing (WWI stuff)

maybe not so good for 1stEagles, but more modern stuff (call it 1939 to date), it DO get a bit nasty, and "somebody" started adding the flexible MGs mounted on top

(case in point: in the DS mod, the T-55 bridgelayer, set as transport, carries it's AA MG ... I lost a Warthog to their concentrated fire during testing --boy was I pissed!!!)

TK has added the AA guns to the tanks (but somehow, NOT the M113/BTR/BMP/etc troop carriers -- but that's a super easy fix!)

Number of units in the 'convoy' is easly adjusted in the Formations.ini