Sign in to follow this  
waco1937

Triple monitors

I recently put together 3 monitors on a corner desk with a brand new computer AMD cpu build using 2 Radeon 5750 video cards in CrossfireX. I've got it working somewhat. At least I got one continuous desktop display across 3 monitors buy Win 7 calls it 2 displays rather than 3 and say one display is disabled. Does that make sense. I'm trying to understand Eyefinity so I can make bezel compensation. I can get it started but see now "next" button to go to the next stage. Has anybody made sense of AMD's for their Catalyst Control Center? I'm starting to begin regretting starting this foolishness. Anybody have any tips for an old man trying to decifer the manual? I just wanted to fly OFF and RoF on a wide screen.

Only very few people here have tried that, I'm afraid. One name comes to mind:

appraiserfl

Perhaps you search for his posts, or try to contact him?

Here is one post about his 3-screen setup:

http://combatace.com/topic/57634-i-made-a-1080p-video-showing-three-screen-action/page__view__findpost__p__428530

Edited by Olham

:salute: Not me sorry, I am still trying to decide wheater or not to do Crossfire with 5780 cards or just up the card to the next level with a 600 watt power supply. Best of luck

Not sure if Crossfire might have some trickyness, which you'd need an expert for, or the right mobo or whatever.

You should see through the web about your card combination, and read, if it works easily.

Otherwise I'd go for a better single card plus better supply.

But keep in mind - OFF is rather CPU-hungry.

OFF ran quite fine with my old HD4870 - and your card should be much better.

Did you consider getting a faster CPU?

As for the video in the appraiserfl post - I don't need three screens, when I use TrackIR.

Ah;

Maybe a rear view mirrot to check your six when the wife sneaks up on you would be better!!!:no:

Excuse my humour!!!

I had most of what I needed already to build a triple monitor setup. So I decided to give it a try. The AMD Catalyst/Vision Control Center manual has got to be as long as a printed volume out of an encyclopedia set. And a bit obtuse, as well. Or maybe it's just that an old dog really can't learn new tricks. I've always had a hankering for the old sticks and cloth crates of WW1. Used to build balsa wood and tissue models of them when I was a kid in WW2. I found OFF phase 1 before it was finished by the developers and have been hanging in ever since. So thanx for your comments, fellars, and I'm back to the manual. Wish me luck.

I don't know too much about a 3-monitor setup waco but I may be able to point you in the right direction to get some advice from some pretty knowledgeable people. They helped me purchase my first gaming rig and have advised me on upgrades ever since.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8

Good luck! :good: