javitz82

Does anyone know how to recolor a TGA/BMP image?

Hi, I want to change the color of the HUD of my MiG-29 cockpit to yellow that it´s based in the SU-27 wich is green. But I don´t know how to modify the TGA images (or BMP) so they can function in the sim. After I modified a few in Jasc Paint Shop Pro 9 I started SF2 but in the game they look black, violet-purple or transparent and I can´t see the info the plane supose to show.

Does anyone know how to modify them and make them work? Which program do I use to do so? How do I manage the transparence and the bit dep? Thanks

Paint.net is set to use the proper 32-bit alpha channels in TGA files, by default. And, best of all, it's free :good:

Thanks guys, I´m gonna try now and let you know what happens

and DO NOT TOUCH THE ALPHA LAYER in ANY TGA!!!

to change the color, you're going to paint below that alpha, directly onto the RGB layers. It's pretty easy; I've done it lots of times

No luck guys, I really must be doing something wrong. I´ve installed the Paint.NET but although I change only the color of the things I want, they still doesn´t show up inside the game. It´s just a transparent HUD. When I save the images the 32 bit option is activated and still doesn´t seem to work.

This is how it looks when I use Paint.NET to change the color. I even use the "Replace color" tool to be more accurate.

47260358.jpg

This image is when I save the image in 32 bits. At this point, I never modied the alpha channel

66066267.jpg

Even if they worked, I have another problem. Other numbers and some symbols appears in green, but I think that something from the "avionics" file.

img00014pu.jpg

suggestions?

greetings

PD: The cockpit is not mine. These guys appear in the readme file:

Cockpit: MarcFighter, Kesselbrut, BPAo (special thanks to Boopidoo, Mago and Badger for textures)

Cockpitrepaint: 76.IAP-Blackbird

Avionics: Moonjumper

ini edit: 76.IAP-Blackbird

Betatesting: Vrkuboy, Badfrank

Disable the TGA compression (RLE) when saving the tga file in Paint.NET!

does the cockpit in have the necessary shader and effects statements for HUDs????

pull the F-15A or the F-16A Netz, and LOOK at the HUD statements ... I"ll bet money those statements are missing

It worked disabling the TGA compression (RLE), but when you switch to A-G weapons/mode all the elements of the HUD disapears.

I believe "Wrench" is right. Is like it´s a SF1/WOX cockpit only. Thanks anyway.