Sign in to follow this  
karnaf

Hotas and CH pedals

does anybody running with Hotas and CH pedals gameport ver ?

how you config them into the game ? :?:

Funny you should ask. I have a full CH Products HOTAS gameport setup, including Pro Pedals and Throttle and a ForceFX joystick. Since I run WinXP Pro I can't program the thing or use the force feedback. They did finally come out with a decent driver so I can at least adjust the sensitivity and dead zones.

What I haven't tried yet, and theoretically it should work, is to run Win98 in a VMware virtual session. In case you don't know what VMware is, it is an awesome piece of software that lets you run other OS's on Windows (or Linux) in a virtual session while using XP or whatever you are running. I use it a lot for development, it's sweet.

You can also dual-boot into Win9x and program the joystick, then boot back to XP to play yourgame. The stick will keep it's button assignments. A pain, but it works.

I'm going to upgrade to a Cougar once LOMAC comes out, but I've always loved this CH setup. I just felt a little screwed when they refused to try and write an XP-compatable version of SpeedKeys. I don't buy their "can't write to the gameport in XP" excuse, others have done it. :x

Guest Ranger332

for a temp forcefedback fix get the thrustmaster proshock 2 fox2 you get ff feel no matter the os and it only cost $30

fox2pro_shock.gif

http://us.thrustmaster.com/products/lookpr...&skin=Joysticks

Built-in motor in joystick handle

Twisting handle with locking mechanism

Comfortable enlarged hand rest

8-way textured hat-switch

Sliding thumb throttle with ergonomic shape

Weighted metal base with non-slip rubber pads

Up to 56 programmable functions

Thrustmapper® 3.0 programmable software

7 programmable action buttons

Adjustable handle resistance

I have one as a backup lol even worked in raptor L-3

i ment Cougar=hotas , thats what i am using right now. and i am using winxp pro. i want to replace the CH pedals to usb version with the toe brakes - do you think it will work together with the Cougar?

Yes, in fact that's what most people are using I believe. You can also plugin gameport pedals right into the Cougar and they work great. When I upgrade I'll end up using my Pro Pedals with it.

The dual boot works great. I was using WinXP for a while with the dual boot but finally got sick of going into win98 and back through rebooting. I finally just decided to go back to win98se completely because of some other games I still like to play. WinXP is awesome but I miss just switching my controller program within one OS instead of using two. I too have been using complete CH Products setup and even tested the Cougar stuff....I still like CH over the Cougar.

TM