ianh755

Putting Radar and FLIR/Laser on separate Screens?

Hi all, For that little bit of extra realism I wanted to change the displays in the Tornado GR4 Cockpit to more accurately portray it's current cockpit (it still uses the old GR1 cockpit). However I've hit a snag, I want change which screens are allowed to display the FLIR and Laser Pod.

At the moment the Radar, FLIR and Laser are all shown on a small screen just to the lower left of the HUD (IRL this is the TFR screen) but I want to allow the larger Moving Map display to display the FLIR and Laser leaving just the Radar on the smaller screen (see pic below) and for the life of me I can't figure out how to do it or if it's even possible.

If anyone can shed any light on this I'd be a happy bunny!

Cheers..............................................IanH

sf2e45.jpg

Ian, you can enable any screen as a TV screen, the only problem is you'll lose the map. Once you set UseRadarTexture=FALSE, the TV is the only thing that will show up on whatever screen you enable as a TV screen.

Ian,

To add to what SupGen said, setting UseRadarTexture=FALSE has a couple of side-effects:

• Your radar will stop working while the TV is enabled
  • The TV will not show up in the upper right corner of the screen (as it does when UseRadarTexture=TRUE

I ran into the same thing while tweaking RAZBAM's A-6E cockpit. When I asked TK about this, his reply was that UseRadarTexture=FALSE is intended for TV displays on aircraft that don't have radar. Personally, I would love to see this expanded as a feature so that we can have simultaneous displays. Perhaps you should assist me with lobbying TK in the thread linked above. :salute:

Edited by HomeFries