Sign in to follow this  
Spinners

LTV Corsair A-7D Pakistan Air Force

LTV A-7D Corsair II - No.25 Squadron 'The Night Eagles' Pakistan Air Force, 1975

During the 1973 Yom Kippur War a large number of Pakistan Air Force pilots immediately volunteered to fight against Israel with an initial batch of 16 pilots arriving in Egypt in mid-October and with further batch being prepared for Syria. This quickly came to the attention of President Nixon who despatched Henry Kissinger to Karachi to persuade Pakistan President Zulfikar Ali Bhutto to keep Pakistan out of any involvement in the conflict. Whilst the nature of this meeting between Kissinger and Bhutto has never been officially revealed it is known that Pakistan Air Force pilots in Egypt were immediately withdrawn and those on their way to Syria were turned around in mid-flight. Can it be any coincidence that in early 1974 30 ex-USAF A-7D's were gifted to Pakistan?

PAFA-7DCORSAIR01.jpg

PAFA-7DCORSAIR02.jpg

PAFA-7DCORSAIR03.jpg

PAFA-7DCORSAIR04.jpg

Edited by Spinners

Thanks Dude.This is gonna be Awesome.Greetings from Pakistan.

Spinners,

Pakistan was offered 110 A-7D Crosairs in 1975 by Nixon/Ford Admin as carrot to lure Pakistan away from its nuclear program. Pakistan rejected this offer.

Great stuff.. And Ghosterider is right.. this was theme behind the what-if.

btw.. any chance I may get my hand on some of those skins I did for the Mirage III during the time I was helping out in the Indo-Pak mod?

Ive lost touch since then..

Spinners,

Pakistan was offered 110 A-7D Crosairs in 1975 by Nixon/Ford Admin as carrot to lure Pakistan away from its nuclear program. Pakistan rejected this offer.

I remember reading a proposal to offer them the A-10A around that time too.