Sign in to follow this  
Capitaine Vengeur

Counters and screens for Battle of Britain

Counters and screens for Battle of Britain

This mod provides you with lots of new screens for the Battle of Britain add-on for SF1 by Baltika. Most of the screens are built out of relevant screenshots from Guy Hamilton's “Battle of Britain” (1969), which already gave all of the musics provided in the BoB add-on. I hope they will please those who enjoyed the movie like I did.

Battle of Britain Campaign Pack - Beta v0.60a

While the BoB add-on is designed to be installed over Strike Fighters, Wings over Vietnam or Wings over Europe, and clearly not over Wings over Israel (many problems noticed), I preferred to use the screens' frames of WoI to design my screens. I find these screens using the WoI frames more attractive, and giving informations clearer on transparency over dark pictures. Just have a look at the propsed screenshots. As I have included here the ini files from WoI, the screens should work without problems on an installation from SF1, WoV or WoE. Yet, there may still be some possible problems if you run other add-ons using non-WoI screens' frames on this same installation. Please read carefully the full ReadMe notice and the warnings in the installation instructions.

A set of dedicated menu screens exists for each air force, you can switch at will from one to the other according to your present campaign or mood. But you will notice that several BaseScreens or end screens don't match with screens actually used in the BoB add-on. My generic BaseScreens have been designed per model of planes, while BoB uses screens per flyable unit; my generic end screens have been designed per air force, while BoB uses screens per model of planes. I chose such generic screens for those like me who have since long modified the original BoB campaign files to have many more units flyable, taking advantage from the countless new skins available down here since the BoB add-on release. The ReadMe notice will give you clear instructions (anyway, I do hope so!) about how to proceed to adapt either this pack or the game's files.

This mod also provides you with a batch of colorful, reduced-size, more immersive counters, devoted to each of the nationalities present in the Battle of Britain add-on. Besides having a more attractive map and less confused stacks, you can also find more easily the units you're after. As a rule, the counters with rectangular national flags and division or corps devices show the ground units, while the counters with roundels concern the air units.

As a bonus, I have also included a 'French' folder containing a translation in French language of all of the campaign texts (units presentations, campaign intros and epilogues) – for those who have chosen an installation in French language from an Euro version.

Enjoy fighting over the misty Thames !

Merci beaucoup mon Capitaine, recht vielen Dank Herr Kapitän :grin:

Edited by Derk

Great work, merci beacoup indeed Capitaine :good:

Nice to see work still being done for the old BoB campaign after all these years :drinks: