Sign in to follow this  
Stary

Disabling a/c skins filtering completely?

seems that here I am still not banned LOL :bye:(shq pun)

Ok, guys, any idea how to completely disable aircrafts' skins filtering on game rendering pipeline level? For my "total conversion" mod I have on my HDD I need low resolution, say 128x128 or even 64x64 custom skins for various aircrafts being rendered without filtering nor mipmaps. Skins I can do myself (convert the stock ones in fact) but I tried disabling filtering for many many things like terrain (via _data.ini entries) or effects to no good, I guess this is forced by usage of Dx10 shaders (UseAdvancedShaders=TRUE, ForceDx9=FALSE)

any idea? I aim at game-level option not driver panel level or the likes

edit: not only aircrafts but ANY in-game objects, ground mobiles, f-tanks, base structures etc. everything that is LOD based, TOD objects work via _data edits

Edited by Stary

I can't make any sense but I got a feeling you are up to something :grin:

ummm... perhaps :grin:

time will tell Umut, for my idea to work as imagined I need to get rid of any hardware filtering and alot of DirectX goods, shadowing and lights included :cool:

Do you mean cast shadows/catch shadow/specular glossiness etc..?

If you're referring to these,you can rem them out in the aircraft.ini or textureset.ini files and this will result in the model not using any of these attributes. But perhaps I've not understood..?

Nope, I wan't textures not being filtered at all