Sign in to follow this  
RAVEN

Instrument panel Lights Animation Help

OK I understand the “MovementType=ROTATION_xyz” and “MovementType-POSITION_xyz”, but what is?” MovementType=TEXTURE_V” and some of the Light Callouts don’t have movement,

Like:

[LandingGearWARNINGLight]

Type=LANDING_GEAR_WARNING_LIGHT

NodeName=GearWarningLight (ß------node that lights up)

MovementType=Light

I know that the game engine dose a lot of the animation on it’s own, like props, wheels ,rudder,ect, and I’m thinking that some of the lights are either on or off.

I just need a pointer , or I can just do it the hard way and make a lot of useless nodes.:blink:

BTW I'm tring to figure out the animation for "[LandingGearLight]"

Raven

Edited by RAVEN

The light callout is exactly what it looks like. When the parameters are met, the node shows up. When the parameters are not met, the node is hidden. There is no 'movement' per se.

FC

Thanks FastCargo That's pretty much what I was thinking on the static lights "On or Off" Whats got me stumped is the Texture_V movement, from what I'm reading in max is you can animate the texture and keep the Node static. Sort of switch color's. I could do what I want by stacking some nodes (like Fastprop/Slowprop) and lots of .ini entries, but I would like to keep it less complex.

Raven

TEXTURE_V moves the texture on the mesh without moving the mesh. A good example is an attitude indicator. You have a mesh that is the shape of the indicator you want (a ball or something like that) and the TEXTURE_V will move the texture for pitch in the game.

The value 0.0 to 1.0 is in effect a percentage of the texture that's moved. So 0.0 is the texture unmoved. 1.0 is the texture moved up by its entire length (so it won't look any different) -1.0 is the texture moved down.

For example if the centre of the texture is in the centre of the mesh and it moves up by 0.5, then the centre of the texture will now be at the top of the mesh.

Dels

That It Dels,:salute: Now if I have a 1" sq. flat plane do I UVW map it to fit (1x1) and make the texture 1x10? I'll try some diffrent things and see what works in my (If I screw it up,Deleate.) Test file. I got about 50 copies,Well 47.:lol:

Edited by RAVEN

It doesn't matter what size the texture is as the function used in the _COCKPIT.ini is a percentage.

Example:

The texture is 400 pixels high and the starting position is the middle of the texture (i.e. 200 pixels down) in the middle of the mesh.

So position 0.5 will move the texture up 200 pixels on the mesh (so the middle is at the top of the mesh).

Position 0.25 will move it up 100 pixels (so the middle is 3/4 the way up the mesh).

Position -0.25 will move it down 100 pixels (3/4 teh way down).

Position -1.0 will move it down 400 pixels so the texture will in effect loop.

And so on.

You can check out any of the cockpits I have made for the functionality as I use the TEXTURE_V all the time.

Dels