Sign in to follow this  
raymin

SF1 convertion skins to SF2 not showing

Hi, this may be a really dumb question, but i have downloaded the F-105D-25RE from the (Digitalstrike.eu) website to use in SF2V, but non of the aircraft skins show up properly. I have looked at Wrench's exellent guide regarding converting SF1 skins to SF2, but the none of the downloaded files have "D" folders relating to the aircraft Decals.

Could someone please offer assistance to resolve this issue.

Many thanks

Raymin

never heard of that site....

a LOT of the old skin did't use decals, but used painted on numbers. Also, is this for ArmorDave's Thud or the 3W one? (MAJOR differences!!)

can you post a screenshot of the aircraft in game?

I'm pretty sure it's not going to work. the mapping is very different which leads me to believe that the mapping between that version and the SFV2 version has changed. I tried it a few years ago but it was a no go.

never mind ... having took a look at the site, and dled a skin ...

they're nver gonna work as these are 1stGen, PRE-08 skins (ie: 2007). 99.9% of SF2 player-usable aircrft were completely remapped upon SF2's release, and "things" are not placed where they were. Even if they did show up, they ain't gonna look right at all.

the decals may be reusable, but you've got a job of work to do, to find teh correct locations on the SF2 versions (ie: extract the new, latest-standard decals ini, along with any skins, and rebuild).

BTW, just about all those he lists are now stock, in-game squadrons

What a real shame. I love flying the Thud and i couldn't believe the beautiful collection of skins.

Wrench and Whiteknight, thank you both for your swift response.

much appreciated

Raymin