Hello,

Please, could you tell me the mesh name of th RPM gauge in the TK Meteor cockpit? :grin:

I've try to delete one of the two gauges using these mesh names: rpm_01;rpm_1;RPM Gauge;RPM_Gauge;Meteor8_RPM;RPM_Meteor8; etc... without success! :heat:

Thank you guys...

Best regards,

Coupi. :bye:

Edited by Coupi

You can see that in the cockpit.ini

Hi,

I can only delete the needles, the cockpit.ini doesn't show the RPM gauges linked with the "RPM_METEOR8" bmp file!

I try again my search,

Best regards,

Coupi. :salute:

Edited by Coupi

well, if someone has the 1stGen WoI expansion, they can extract the cockpit lod and use a hex editor to find the node name (as Coupi is right, the cockpt ini only calls the needles)

what is the end result you're trying to accomplish? There may be alternative cockpits, with a British look, that might not require so much work.

well, if someone has the 1stGen WoI expansion, they can extract the cockpit lod and use a hex editor to find the node name (as Coupi is right, the cockpt ini only calls the needles)

what is the end result you're trying to accomplish? There may be alternative cockpits, with a British look, that might not require so much work.

... :bye:

I would like to delete the second gauges (and move others) for a flyable TK RAF Vampire!

I've found this link:

http://aviation.watergeek.eu/vampire.html

Many thanks Kevin!

Coupi. :salute:

Edited by Coupi

didn't Ordway do something along those line??? :dntknw:

Have you checked in the 1stGen downloads, cockpit section??

there are several alternatives...

this one by Raven, tweeked of Wolf's F4U pit

http://combatace.com/files/file/11270-vampire-cockpitzip/

a "1Jet_cockpit" by me in Venom upgrade pak (based of Kess' Spit Pit, with slightly retextured/labeled gauges)

http://combatace.com/files/file/3889-dh-venom-update/

and of course, what I did....simply pointed it to the Hunter 1 pit. Took less than 2 minutes! (and that includes extracting the Hunter pit ini. If you want the ini, with it's correct positioning, let me know! (tested/using right now on the IAF Vampire 52 -- which I still have finish off 50odd historical serial number decals for Indo-Pak)

Unfortunately, you're not gonna find a 100% accurate pit for it ... it just don't exist. We have to go with the 'best looking, best fitting' of what's available.

Ahh gauges, needles I mixed the two up yesterday, was under meds due to dentist action...

didn't Ordway do something along those line??? :dntknw:

Have you checked in the 1stGen downloads, cockpit section??

there are several alternatives...

this one by Raven, tweeked of Wolf's F4U pit

http://combatace.com/files/file/11270-vampire-cockpitzip/

a "1Jet_cockpit" by me in Venom upgrade pak (based of Kess' Spit Pit, with slightly retextured/labeled gauges)

http://combatace.com/files/file/3889-dh-venom-update/

and of course, what I did....simply pointed it to the Hunter 1 pit. Took less than 2 minutes! (and that includes extracting the Hunter pit ini. If you want the ini, with it's correct positioning, let me know! (tested/using right now on the IAF Vampire 52 -- which I still have finish off 50odd historical serial number decals for Indo-Pak)

Unfortunately, you're not gonna find a 100% accurate pit for it ... it just don't exist. We have to go with the 'best looking, best fitting' of what's available.

Hello,

Many thanks for your links! :drinks:

In my mind, I wanted to use the Lexx Luthor cockpit method in order to create the flyable Vampire...

About the cockpit positionning, initially I've found these alternative figures: "Position=0.00,1.80,0.94"

Kevin, what do you think?

Best regards,

Edited by Coupi

Honestly, that's just too much frakking work, when there's soooooooooo many easier ways.

Try this attached; of course, it assumes a full-4/5 merged install with the Hunter 1 available. If you don't have the Hunter 1, you can use the FGA.9 pit, and the positioning as shown in the attached ini.

in the screenie below, you can see what it looks like. The gunsight is from my WW2 mods, it's the Mk.III 'AceMaker'

edit: for everyone else, it's usable on ALL 3W Vamps

Edited by Wrench

Many many thanks Kevin!!! :good:

I'll try it tomorrow at home... very good I've the full SF2 merged install.

Edited by Coupi