Sign in to follow this  
astotzer

Flight Dynamics question....

:search:

I've had SF:P1 for several months now, and don't play it much because the flight dynamics seem so arcade-ish. I mean, when I point the plane in any direction and just let go of the stick, the planes says locked on that EXACT path of flight. The simulation doesn't drift left or right, or even up and down even a little. That's not realistic at all.

I'm just wondering if something is wrong with my installation or what. I don't see how any real simmer would stand for that. I have all the patches installed. Is this the same for everybody? Is there some mod that makes the a/c flight more realistic??? I just can't fly this sim this way. It's like flying a spaceship in outerspace. Point the plane and go get a cup of coffee, because it will be point in the exact same spot when I get back 5 minutes later.

:help:

Any help would be greatly appriciated as I would like to get some use out of this game since I paid for it. Everything else about this sim seems fine, and the a/c skins look great.

One of the features absent from this game is Trim. The game assumes a perfectly trimmed aircraft. You have no true means of applying pitch trim, aileron trim, or rudder trim. These are things that I miss. When the simulation assumes a "ZERO" state, then the aircraft will always reset to a zero state, regardless of where you place the yoke. When you release, all flight controls goto neutral (ZERO), because you can't command them to be elsewhere. :wacko:

Maybe future releases of this game engine will have trim, and maybe even other aerodynamic forces that effect the characteristics of flight, thermals, clouds, turbulence, etc...

Fingers Crossed!

<C>

Fates