SixtySqnRAFArchivist

Sixty Squadron RAF Needs Your Help

Hello,I work on Sixty Squadron, RAF. We're a Bell 412/Griffin outfit based at Shawbury, England. You may fly some of our WWI aircraft! Right now i'm making a series of framed prints reflecting the squadron's illustrious history BUT World War I needs to come alive for our students - and I think I can make that happen by printing some screenshots of Sixty Sqn aircraft, mounting and framing them. They will then be passed every day by staff, students and visitors.

Would you like to help? I've found a Morane Sauliner N in Sixty colors on this forum but cannot upload it here because I'm on a work PC. These are the aircraft I'm looking for, but they must be in Sixties colors....

Nieuport 16/17

Spad S VIII

Morane Parasol

Morane Type BB

SE5/SE5A

You can post them here (as I am able download), or email me at

shy-dhfs60qhci010@mod.uk

thanks for any help you can give, and remember, your screenshot could end up on our wall!

Rick

Edited by SixtySqnRAFArchivist

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Spinners

View File [Fictional] Lockheed Starfighter F.2
      Lockheed Starfighter F.2 for STRIKE FIGHTERS 2:Europe
      This is a simple mod of the stock Third Wire F-104G to give a 'what if' Starfighter F.2 interceptor-fighter with markings for ten classic 1960's RAF Fighter Command squadrons - mainly real world Lightning squadrons but with No.43 Squadron added in as they were a famous interceptor squadron in the Phantom era. The service dates are confined to 1963 to 1969 but you can easily edit this to suit your tastes.
      RAF Squadrons covered; 5, 11, 19, 23, 29, 43, 56, 74, 92, 111.

INSTRUCTIONS
      1. From the AIRCRAFT folder drag and drop the StarfighterF2 folder into your Aircraft folder.
      2. From the DECALS folder drag and drop the StarfighterF2 folder into your Decals folder.
      That's it!

CREDITS
      As always, thanks to Third Wire for a great little game/sim.
      Special thanks to bobrock for the excellent F-104G template used here for the skin and the specular maps.
      And, finally, thanks to everyone in the wider Third Wire community.
      Regards 
      Spinners
      Version 2 - February 25th, 2024.
      Submitter Spinners Submitted 12/30/2009 Category What If Hangar  
    • By Spinners
      Lockheed Starfighter F.2 for STRIKE FIGHTERS 2:Europe
      This is a simple mod of the stock Third Wire F-104G to give a 'what if' Starfighter F.2 interceptor-fighter with markings for ten classic 1960's RAF Fighter Command squadrons - mainly real world Lightning squadrons but with No.43 Squadron added in as they were a famous interceptor squadron in the Phantom era. The service dates are confined to 1963 to 1969 but you can easily edit this to suit your tastes.
      RAF Squadrons covered; 5, 11, 19, 23, 29, 43, 56, 74, 92, 111.

INSTRUCTIONS
      1. From the AIRCRAFT folder drag and drop the StarfighterF2 folder into your Aircraft folder.
      2. From the DECALS folder drag and drop the StarfighterF2 folder into your Decals folder.
      That's it!

CREDITS
      Special thanks to bobrock for the excellent F-104G template used here for the skin and the specular maps.
      Regards 
      Spinners
      Version 2 - February 25th, 2024.
    • By Spinners

View File [Fictional] RAF SEAC Douglas Skyraider FB.3
      Douglas Skyraider FB.3 for STRIKE FIGHTERS 2
      This is a simple mod of the stock 'AI' Thirdwire A-1H to give a flyable 'what if' RAF Skyraider FB.3 with markings for No.6 Squadron, No.8 Squadron and No.112 Squadron in a mid-1950's to mid-1960's timeline.
      Whilst this mod is meant for Strike Fighters 2 is does require you to have Strike Fighter 2: Vietnam so that you have the necessary Third Wire A-1H LOD's that are, of course, not included here. 

INSTRUCTIONS
      1. From the AIRCRAFT folder drag and drop the SkyraiderFB3 folder into your Aircraft folder.
      2. From the DECALS folder drag and drop the SkyraiderFB3 folder into your Decals folder.
      That's it!

CREDITS
      Special thanks to Wrench for the lines and rivets from his 2048 x 2048 Skyraider templates squeezed into my 1024 x 1024 templates.
      Extra special thanks to CA_Stary for the cockpit.
      Regards 
      Spinners
      Version 2 - February 4th, 2024

Submitter Spinners Submitted 11/15/2009 Category What If Hangar  
    • By Spinners
      Douglas Skyraider FB.3 for STRIKE FIGHTERS 2
      This is a simple mod of the stock 'AI' Thirdwire A-1H to give a flyable 'what if' RAF Skyraider FB.3 with markings for No.6 Squadron, No.8 Squadron and No.112 Squadron in a mid-1950's to mid-1960's timeline.
      Whilst this mod is meant for Strike Fighters 2 is does require you to have Strike Fighter 2: Vietnam so that you have the necessary Third Wire A-1H LOD's that are, of course, not included here. 

INSTRUCTIONS
      1. From the AIRCRAFT folder drag and drop the SkyraiderFB3 folder into your Aircraft folder.
      2. From the DECALS folder drag and drop the SkyraiderFB3 folder into your Decals folder.
      That's it!

CREDITS
      Special thanks to Wrench for the lines and rivets from his 2048 x 2048 Skyraider templates squeezed into my 1024 x 1024 templates.
      Extra special thanks to CA_Stary for the cockpit.
      Regards 
      Spinners
      Version 2 - February 4th, 2024

• By Spinners

View File [Fictional] Saab-Hawker Draken F.2A
      Saab Draken F.2A for STRIKE FIGHTERS 2
      This is a 'what if' Saab Draken F.2A with markings for No.23 and No.25 squadrons of the Royal Air Force as they might of appeared in the 1980's towards the end of their career.
      I've used the excellent Draken J35D 'David' from the Draken pack uploaded at CombatACE by lindr2 to create this 'what if' RAF Draken but heartily recommend the Draken pack which has no less than 8 Drakens and is a superb effort by all concerned. For this revised upload I've made a simple grey skin and decals to create these RAF Drakens as they might have looked towards the end of their lives. I've used 1978 to 1991 as the 'in service' years, basically to utilise the British Skyflash missile and I've also tweaked the data.ini and also the loadout.ini to give RAF loadouts. 
      The Draken itself was an amazing achievement and has a similar WOW factor to the contempory 'Century Series' of fighters - you just cannot believe it first flew in 1955... it just looks so cool! As much as I love the English 
      Electric Lightning you must remember that the Draken had half the power but effectively did the same job plus another half-a-dozen! In addition, it cost dramatically less and it certainly required a fraction of the maintenance man hours!
      Suggested further reading - Saab Draken (chapter) 'Early Supersonic Fighters of the West' (Bill Gunston)

INSTRUCTIONS
      1. From the AIRCRAFT folder drag and drop the Draken_F2A folder into your Aircraft folder.
      2. From the DECALS folder drag and drop the Draken_F2A folder into your main Decals folder.
      3. From the WEAPONS folder drag and drop the TANK_DRAKEN_F2A folder into your Weapons folder.

CREDITS
      I've lifted these credits from the Draken pack but if I've unwittingly left anyone out then please accept my apology and do not hesitate to contact me to allow me to amend this package.
      Lud von Pipper -- Lead 3D Modeller
      BPAO -- Additional 3D Modeling
      Sony Tuckson -- Textures and Decals
      Crab_02 -- Weapon and Drop Tank Models
      column5 -- Flight Model and INI files
      Matthew Ouellette -- Bare Metal Skin
      Regards 
      Spinners
      Version 3 - January 17th, 2024.
      Submitter Spinners Submitted 01/17/2009 Category What If Hangar  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..