Sign in to follow this  
Heck

The new Canadair Sabre 4 and the Mig 15bis NK....

....are both crazy good! I'm hoping the intention is to release the USAF F-86s from the Korean War mod. Took the 86e (Sorry! Canadair Sabre 4) up to 30000'. Took forever to get there. Yes! Once I got there, I rolled her on to her back and pulled her through. By the time I reached about 16000' I was through the mach and eventually reached 1.10, sucking frogs into the intake from a rice paddy on the pull out. I then repeated the flight, this time using the Mig 15bis, except I took that up to 35000'. Didn't take that long. Yes! Rolled her over and pulled her through. Mach 92, 93, 95, 98, 99, 98. Definitely sub-sonic. Never went through the mach. Yeah, baby! Thanks so much to all involved. These are superb.

Thanks Heck!

The "A" model (well, sorta*), E and F will all be released when I get the finalized flight models. 98.6% historical serials, markings etc. The KAW Sabre be an EXTREEEEEEEMLY large pak. Not just US, but 2 Squadron SAAF Sabres too. 17 skin/decal sets in total, between the 3 marks

In truth, credit MUST go the Fubar for the FM and ravenclaw for his templates -- I just did the decals and skins from Volker's beyond superb template.

(of course, now I have to update all the other Sabre mods I've done to the new paradime (sp?) of the better skin.

still to come is a remake of the FAC Canadair (nationalized) and the Mk.6 with RCAF and AMI skins (in between rebuilding/finishing the TMF WW2 Corsairs)

*we don't have a real A lod

Edited by Wrench
  • Like 1

will the upcoming KAW Sabre pak include the new cockpit you post before?

Thanks Heck!

The "A" model (well, sorta*), E and F will all be released when I get the finalized flight models. 98.6% historical serials, markings etc. The KAW Sabre be an EXTREEEEEEEMLY large pak. Not just US, but 2 Squadron SAAF Sabres too. 17 skin/decal sets in total, between the 3 marks

In truth, credit MUST go the Fubar for the FM and ravenclaw for his templates -- I just did the decals and skins from Volker's beyond superb template.

(of course, now I have to update all the other Sabre mods I've done to the new paradime (sp?) of the better skin.

still to come is a remake of the FAC Canadair (nationalized) and the Mk.6 with RCAF and AMI skins (in between rebuilding/finishing the TMF WW2 Corsairs)

*we don't have a real A lod

Looking forward to it all. Korea is the only version I fly, because it's easy on my geriatric system, which I can't replace right now. Besides, I've always liked Korea best of all. In a guns only environment, fm is everything, and the fm folks working on this mod are the best. I love the Mig 15 as well as the Sabre (I know, I'm an oddball), and Fubars fm brings the Samoyet Soldat to life. I'm glad you folks decided to do it. Sadly, I have two straight decked aircraft carriers in my mod, late and early Essex, showing parked aircraft, with deck numbers for all the ships which operated in theater, but I can't share them, because they come from "that other place." For anyone who likes to tinker, it can be done.

the new cockpit will be in the F, but can be retrofitted to the E quite easily