Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

SF2 Canadair Sabre Mk.6, RCAF and AMI

SF2 Canadair Sabre Mk.6, RCAF and AMI

Canadair Sabre Mk.6 Pack, RCAF/AMI

= For SF2, Any & All (Full-5 Merged Reccomended) =

- version 2.0, updated 2/13/2016 -

This package contains new or rebuilt Canadair Mk.6 Sabres, as used by the RCAF and Italian AMI in the mid-late 50s and 60s.
Contained within are skin/decals for the following squadrons:

RCAF:
442 Squadron (new)
444 Squadron (new skin rebuild, based on Tim Canada work)

AMI:
2 Aerobrigata
4 Aerobrigata (new skin rebuilds, based off spitwulf's originals)
and a "Generic" Euro camo (called, oddly enough "Euro" skin for any other NATO/European users (except South Africa). All the included skins are in the Euro camo pattern.

New skins for all were created using ravenclaw's superb templates. All skins are in jpg format. Almost all markings are decals, excepting special vert fin/rudder RCAF unit IDs. Decal randomization is TRUE for all skins. New DDS damage textures are included.
A new camo drop tank is supplied, but all rockets, bombs, etc can be found in the GunnyPak. The sounds included are the same ones as used on the RAF and RAAF Sabre Pak, recently released.
An all new, SF2-compliant FM was created for these aircraft; it flys like it should! A new userlist ini is also included.

Sharp eyes will note that "WGermany" is =NOT= included in the Userlist; the BLW aircraft were excellently handled by the GMG Group, and are downloadable here at CA.
This one is slightly diferentiated; when in-game, you'll see "Canadair Sabre Mk.6" in the aircraft drop-down selection window

As always, fairly easy to follow, yet detailed install instructions are included. Please READ them! Also, the "Notes" section for a more detailed change/correction list. The original readme from my SF/Wo* release is included, just for fun. Tim "Canada" Elliot's readme for the 414 skin is also included, as is one of Spitwulf's for the AMI skins.

Happy Landings!
Wrench
Kevin Stein
Changes for Version 2:

updated hit boxes
new "1" skin map, w/o A-G Panel
new "CL-13 bits" (new for this model)

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    10/29/2012
  • Category

This is a great update! Thank you for A.M.I. too.

PS: in Sf-1 saber skin section there are a couple more canadair skins (silver 412 & Skylancers Acro team) ......

acro teams aren't my thing ... a ' noncombat unit'

but I must have missed that other RCAF skin! (unless that's the red-white zig-zag one i used on the Sarbr 4?) I'll check for sure!