Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Adding Weapons in SF

Open your weaponsdata.ini found in your objects folders with notepad. {Assuming you have extracted it with the extract utility.} Add the data as shown below:

we1.jpg

Save and close the weapondata.ini

Activate the Weapon Editor, direct it to the objects folder and to the weapondata.ini:

we2.jpg

When the box appears you should see the you tanks at the bottom as it was probably the last thing you add. In the example, mine is higher up but that will not make a diffference. Select the F16CTank

we3.jpg

Double Click on the highlighted F16CTank. The box below opens up. Once open just hit ok.

we4.jpg

Do the same thing with the wings tanks.

we5.jpg

we6.jpg

Again after hitting ok you will be back to the main wep editor screen. All you do is hit SAVE.

we7.jpg

Go fly.

I asked the same question on Simhq but didn't got an answer so I try it again here. I have followed your tutorial and the weapon shows up in the loadoutscreen and I can load it on the plane but when I start playing they aren't visible on the plane (Fueltanks with another texture than in the weaponspack on the F-14). It just like the the pylon is empty, I don't know if it is the lodfile or the bmp that doesn't work I renamed both the lod and the bmp because I don't want do save over the one in the weapons pack.

Guest capun

A couple of things

- Are you using the new weapons editor? SP4 new features require the new editor, I think it has been uploaded here

- You can change the name of the LOD, but the texture name is hard coded in the LOD. If you want to make your own skins, you need to hex edit the LOD and change the bmp name

- Are you sure the weapon is not there or you just see a whitish space? If you see the whitish space, it is due to the texture not found (see section above)

Thx for the reply but I figured out the problems I just renamed the bmp with same nr. of letters that the old name had, and that worked fine no I can see them in game where they should be