Sign in to follow this  
arthur666

RAZBAM A-6 'pits (part 2?), @SupGen

The work done to get the F-102 pit up to speed was extremely welcome. I'm very grateful for SupGen's work on this.

My question:

Would the same sort of upgrade be possible for the RAZBAM Intruders' pits?

They look beautiful, and while most things function, some do not. The item that comes to mind is the distance indicator to waypoints, which is one I consider vital. Also, not sure if the main fuel gauge works properly.

I have snooped thru some .ini files, but am not sure exactly what to look for. Wondering if anyone has tried this before? I would like to give it a go, but I'll need some guidance.

EDIT:

I titled this thread with "part 2?" because I know this topic has been discussed before, probably at length. Sorry if I couldn't find the info needed if it is already out there.

Edited by arthur666
  • Like 1

The A-6's fuel guage works well, and has always worked. Load the aircraft with 50% fuel at the beginning of a mission, and no drop tanks, and tell me what it reads,

How's it goin', arthur666? The fuel guage can be fixed in the Cockpit ini. The stock value of 10000 LBs is incorrect, change it to 15770 LBs and it should work fine. Unfortunately, the Range and Course counters are not fixable as far as I know. While they are mentioned in the ini, they aren't mentioned in the Lod and therefore don't exist in the model. As far as giving the pit the F-102 treatment, what you'd have to do is go through the Lod, find the mames of the buttons, switches, lights, etc. that you want to make animated and give them each an entry in both the instrument list; e.g. Instrument[xxx]=Attack_switch or whatever, and an entry below that, either an animation statement linking it to an action or a statement defining it as a Weapons_Selector_Switch or what have you. As there is no out file, just finding the names of things is kind of mind-boggling. I've been thinking about looking into this myself but I'm still recovering from the F-102. :biggrin:

Hey, Fubar. Beat me to the post! Yeah, the guage works, the value in the cockpit ini is wrong. You can get the correct amount by adding up all the tanks in the data ini (converting from KGs to LBs) or (the really easy way) check the loadout screen in-game: 15770 LBs.

Edited by SupGen

Ya know, I just took an A-6E for a spin just to see and... well, most of the good stuff is already animated. The rest of the good stuff (Weapons switches, etc.) is over on the BN's side of the cockpit. I'm not sure if it's really worth doing.

Edit: One thing you can do is in the Cockpit ini, under SAMLight change Type=Master_Caution_Light to Type=THREAT_LAUNCH_WARNING_LIGHT. This came from Fubar, to give credit where it's due. Thank you, sir! Now you'll Know when the Kiev is about to put one up your tailpipe! The other thing I did was to lower the AoA Indexer values fairly drastically; they seem to work better. Good luck!

[AoAIndexerSlowLeft]

Type=ANGLE_OF_ATTACK_INDEXER

NodeName=indexer_slow_left

MovementType=LIGHT

//Set[01].Value=16.00

//Set[02].Value=30.00

//Slow (19.50 - 30.00)

Set[01].Value=10.14

Set[02].Value=23.53

[AoAIndexerOnSpeedLeft]

NodeName=indexer_on_speed_left

MovementType=LIGHT

//Set[01].Value=13.87

//Set[02].Value=16.80

//OnSpeed (18.00 - 20.00)

Set[01].Value=9.16

Set[02].Value=10.47

[AoAIndexerFastLeft]

NodeName=indexer_fast_left

MovementType=LIGHT

//Set[01].Value=-10.0

//Set[02].Value=14.67

//Fast (0.0 - 18.50)

Set[01].Value=-5.00

Set[02].Value=9.49

[AoAIndexerSlowRight]

NodeName=indexer_slow_right

MovementType=LIGHT

//Set[01].Value=16.00

//Set[02].Value=30.00

//Slow (19.50 - 30.00)

Set[01].Value=10.14

Set[02].Value=23.53

[AoAIndexerOnSpeedRight]

NodeName=indexer_on_speed_right

MovementType=LIGHT

//Set[01].Value=13.87

//Set[02].Value=16.80

//OnSpeed (18.00 - 20.00)

Set[01].Value=9.16

Set[02].Value=10.47

[AoAIndexerFastRight]

NodeName=indexer_fast_right

MovementType=LIGHT

//Set[01].Value=-10.0

//Set[02].Value=14.67

//Fast (0.0 - 18.50)

Set[01].Value=-5.00

Set[02].Value=9.49

Edited by SupGen

Goin' well, SupGen.

Thanks! It's a good start. I'll play around with it.

@Fubar512

50% load shows ~80% on my gauge. I'll fix it ah reckon.

Edited by arthur666

Well,I'm glad arthur got me to take another look at these; delete the DisplayLimit statements from all the A-6E Avionics inis or the camera won't work properly.

[TVDisplayData]

UseRadarTexture=FALSE

DisplayLimitLeft=8---This

DisplayLimitRight=119---This

DisplayLimitTop=6---This

DisplayLimitBottom=121---and This

ApplyFilter=TRUE

FilterMaterial=DTVFilterMaterial

OverlayTexture=Cockpit\A-6E_DTV.tga

Add this line to the Data inis right under CameraPosition.

CameraAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0

The middle number will let you pitch the camera up and down.