HomeFries

Need Mat Name for F/A-18C pilot body and helmet

I just made some changes to my A-10 & F/A-18C Pilot Photoshop Template, making some of the items more USN friendly, and I got the idea for updating the default VFA-94 Hornet with a custom pilot skin and helmet.

To this end, I was wondering if anybody has the 3DS Material Names for the F/A-18C pilot body and helmet (and F/A-18A just for the sake of completeness). I've tried the obvious names (e.g. pilot_f-18_body, pilot_f/a-18c_body, etc.) and had no luck.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks, Jack, and sorry for taking so long to get back to you. Was contending with a family emergency for a month, then when I got back I got target fixated on the Huey.

Just a little detail as well for testing mat names: be sure that the skin under test is the first skin of that type to be tested (i.e. make sure the F/A-18 skin you're testing is the first F/A-18 in the mission), or else the matname under test will be skipped altogether. That's what I was doing wrong, though to be honest I didn't have any better luck when I tested it right.

So far I have tested the following mat names/combos:

pilot_x_body and pilot_x_helmet where x is:

• f18c
  • f-18c
  • f18
  • a-18c
  • f_a-18c
  • fa18
  • fa18c

I also tried pilot_f-18c and hgu55 for the pilot and helmet respectively. No luck with anything so far.

Jack, I'd love to get the matnames for the pilot/helmet so I could hook you up with detailed pilots for your line of skins.

Edited by HomeFries

Pilot's Body: Material Name: pilot_F18C_body, Texture name: pilot_fa-18c

Pilot's Helmet: Material Name: pilot_F18C_helmet, Texture name: hgu55

Pilot's Helmet Visor: Material Name: F18C_Helmet_Glass, Texture name hgu55

AFAIK, They are Case Sensitive.

I'll double check when I get home from office. Material names Might have changed with some of the recent updates.

Edited by SkateZilla

Thanks, Skate. I'll give them a go.

While I have your attention, do you know the mat name(s) for the Su-27 pilot?

Mat.: pilot_SU_body

tex: pilot_su

and the material names above are correct.

F-18C does use the same Normal map as the A-10 though

Edited by SkateZilla

And they work great!

Interestingly enough, I thought that if you were going with a new matname you had to make that skin under test the first in the sequence. With the Hornets, it was the last plane in the sequence (i.e. the -4) that had the visible custom textures, though I had no real way of discovering this until I knew the matnames.

So here is a taste of what's been done so far and what is to come:

VFA-103 Jolly Rogers line bird (by Jack). The pilot is the 2048x2048 texture built from my A-10/F-18 Pilot Template, with custom 1024x1024 helmets as well. For the generic USN helmet, I have a custom 1024x1024 helmet based on the reflective USN version of the HGU-55.

Screen_130528_232948_zpsf9ceaf18.jpg

For the CAG/CO birds, I have given the pilot skin Commander insignia. I realize that anybody flies the CO/CAG bird, but this is a symbolic gesture.

Screen_130528_233518_zps0045bd93.jpg

@Jack, if you would like, I'd be happy to create a collection of USN pilot skins for you to distribute with your excellent Hornet skins. Helmets may take more work, so they're not as high on my priority list, but I can do the pilots pretty quickly.

I just did the ones that you have already done, though in my template I do have other squadrons as well. Let me know what you're planning next and I'll look up the organizational patches and helmet art (doing that for every squadron is just too much).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By MigBuster
      DCS: AV-8B N/A VTOL by RAZBAM Available for Pre-Purchase with Discount
      We are very pleased to announce the start of the pre-purchase period for RAZBAM's eagerly awaiting AV-8B N/A VTOL! During the pre-purchase period, this module will be priced at $49.99 USD. Once the Early Access is released in late-November 2017, the price will be $59.99 USD.
      Pre-purchase now in DCS e-shop
      Pre-purchase Trailer video
      The AV-8B project was born in the early 1970's as an effort to address the operational inadequacies of the AV-8A first generation Harrier, aimed to dramatically improve the capabilities and performance of the early AV-8A's. The AV-8B made its maiden flight in November 1981 and entered service with the United States Marine Corps in January 1985. It later evolved into the AV-8B N/A (Night Attack) and AV-8B Harrier II Plus.
      First flight of a modified AV-8B in the night attack configuration was on June 26th, 1987. Deliveries to the USMC began in September of 1989 to VMA-214 at Yuma, Arizona. Follow-up units based out of Yuma received their Night Attack AV-8Bs by the end of 1992.The AV-8B N/A variant (originally known as the AV-8D) had its first operational development in 1984 and included use of the NAVFLIR (Navigation Forward-Looking Infrared camera, consisting of a GEC-Marconi FLIR system mounted in the nose) for night operations. Additionally, GEC Cat's Eyes night vision goggles were provided to the pilot as well as a revised cockpit with color MFDs, a wider field-of-view HUD display, a color CRT digital moving map, and a complete "heads-down" operation capability. The AV-8B N/A also sports four Tracor ALE-39 countermeasures dispensers along the top of the rear fuselage, in addition to two ALE-39 dispensers along the lower rear of the fuselage. The AV-8B N/A also fields an updated version of the Rolls-Royce Pegasus 11-61 (F402-RR-408) vectored-thrust turbofan engine.
      The subject of this study level simulation is the AV-8B N/A Bu No's 163853 and up which are the latest variant of this very capable AV-8B version.
      Key Features of DCS: AV-8B N/A VTOL by RAZBAM include:
      Advanced Flight Model that provides realistic performance and flight characteristics of a Vertical Takeoff and Landing (VTOL) aircraft Highly detailed external 3D model and textures with animations Highly detailed and accurate 6 DOF cockpit with high resolution textures, specular and bump mapping, and mouse-interactive controls Highly realistic modelling of the aircraft systems including electrical, fuel, hydraulics, lighting, engine and navigation that includes: Digital Engine Control System (DECS) Automatic Fuel System Air Refueling System Electrical Power System External Lighting Internal Lighting Hydraulic Power Supply System Flight Control System (FCS) Head-Up Display (HUD) Up-front Control (UFC) Option Display Unit (ODU) Multipurpose Color Displays (MPCD) VREST Computer (for jet-borne flight) Air Data Computer (ADC) Environmental Control System (ECS) On-Board Oxygen Generating System (OBOGS) Realistic weapons, sensor, and defensive systems include: Air-to-Air and Air-to-Ground GAU-12 Equalizer 25 mm (0.984 in) 5-barreled Rotary cannon pod 6 under-wing pylon stations holding up to 9,200 lb (4,200 kg) of payload which include: AIM-9 Sidewinder or similar-sized infrared-guided missiles AGM-65 Maverick Air-to-Surface missiles Mark 80 series of unguided bombs (including 3 kg [6.6 lb] and 14 kg [31 lb] practice bombs) Paveway series of Laser-Guided Bombs (LGBs) Joint Direct Attack Munitions (GBU-38, GBU-32, and GBU-54) Mark 20 Cluster Bomb Units (CBUs) AN/AAQ-28V LITENING targeting pod ALQ-164 ECM Pod Several skins Detailed Operational Manual and Pocket guide Instant Action, Single, and Training Missions Detailed representation of the USS Tarawa (LHA-1), lead ship of her class. Steam Halloween Sale
      From 26 October to 1 November, Steam is having their Halloween Sale. We are taking part with 40% off on most of our Steam library.
      DCS World Steam Store
      Sincerely,
      The Eagle Dynamics Team
    • By zachtan

View File F-15C Galm Team (Ace Combat Zero)
      Updated Version (09/09/17)

What is it?
      It's a paintscheme for the F-15C Eagle of the Ustio Air Force 6th Air Division, 66th Air Force Unit "Galm", from the game Ace Combat Zero. For F-15C (85).
      The Galm Team are a Mercenary Unit hired by Ustio and attached to the 6th Air Division. In the opening days of the Belkan War, Ustio lost 70% of their Air Forces and needed to find replacements quickly. The use of "Unofficial Assets" AKA foreign mercanaries became valid and the Galm Team was hired. Since then, they've become one of the most famous units in the war and have become known by their Allies and their enemies. They are supported by AWACS Eagle Eye and are deployed from Valais Air Base.
      During one encounter with the feared Schwarze Wing they were called "The Mercenary Dream Team". The name stuck with them.
      The Galm Team had participated in every major battle that the Allied Forces had undertaken, during the Belkan War. Cipher and Pixy had gained much recognition from their Allies for their amazing feats of skill and from their enemies in many ways. Some of it respect, fear or hatred.
      Galm One
      Name: Unknown
      Callsign: Cipher
      Nationality:Ustio
      Sex: Male
      "The Demon Lord"
      The leader of the 66th AFU of the Ustian 6th Air Division. A feared Ace, who trailed across the skies, bringing doom and destruction. One could say he is like the Razgriz, bringing death upon the land,( the first part of the war). Then he enters sleep, during the "6 Months Of Void"", then comes back as a hero defeating Pixy and his V2 from destroying the world. Little is known about him or where he went after the Belkan War. (player's character).
      Galm Two
      Name: Larry Foulke
      Callsign: Pixy
      Nationality: Belka
      "A Brother in Arms".
      Joined the Coup D'état forces and A World With No Boundaries after defecting from the Ustio Mercenary unit. It is rumored that he is currently a soldier in a volunteer army in a small country in Usea but, the info is still unconfirmed.
      Which addon(s) are required?
      F-15 Super Pack (version 2.4) by FastCargo (Link to File )
      (You will also have to add a new nation Ustio into nations.ini, instructions inside)
      Credits
      Skin and Decals : Zachtan1234

Template : EricJ (Link to Template )
      Check out my other work :
      F-16C Windhover Squadron (Ace Combat 6)
      F/A-18E Grun Team (Ace Combat Zero)
      F-22A Gryphus Squadron (Ace Combat X)
      F-5E Wardog Squadron (Ace Combat 5)
      F-15E Sorcerer (Ace Combat Zero)
      JAS 39 Gripen-C Indigo (Ace Combat Zero)
      F-14D Schnee (Ace Combat Zero)

Submitter zachtan Submitted 09/01/2017 Category What If Skins  
    • By zachtan
      Updated Version (09/09/17)

What is it?
      It's a paintscheme for the F-15C Eagle of the Ustio Air Force 6th Air Division, 66th Air Force Unit "Galm", from the game Ace Combat Zero. For F-15C (85).
      The Galm Team are a Mercenary Unit hired by Ustio and attached to the 6th Air Division. In the opening days of the Belkan War, Ustio lost 70% of their Air Forces and needed to find replacements quickly. The use of "Unofficial Assets" AKA foreign mercanaries became valid and the Galm Team was hired. Since then, they've become one of the most famous units in the war and have become known by their Allies and their enemies. They are supported by AWACS Eagle Eye and are deployed from Valais Air Base.
      During one encounter with the feared Schwarze Wing they were called "The Mercenary Dream Team". The name stuck with them.
      The Galm Team had participated in every major battle that the Allied Forces had undertaken, during the Belkan War. Cipher and Pixy had gained much recognition from their Allies for their amazing feats of skill and from their enemies in many ways. Some of it respect, fear or hatred.
      Galm One
      Name: Unknown
      Callsign: Cipher
      Nationality:Ustio
      "The Demon Lord"
      The leader of the 66th AFU of the Ustian 6th Air Division. A feared Ace, who trailed across the skies, bringing doom and destruction. One could say he is like the Razgriz, bringing death upon the land,( the first part of the war). Then he enters sleep, during the "6 Months Of Void"", then comes back as a hero defeating Pixy and his V2 from destroying the world. Little is known about him or where he went after the Belkan War. (player's character).
      Galm Two
      Name: Larry Foulke
      Callsign: Pixy
      Nationality: Belka
      "A Brother in Arms".
      Joined the Coup D'état forces and A World With No Boundaries after defecting from the Ustio Mercenary unit. It is rumored that he is currently a soldier in a volunteer army in a small country in Usea but, the info is still unconfirmed.
      F-15 Super Pack (version 2.4) by FastCargo (Link to File )
      (You will also have to add a new nation Ustio into nations.ini, instructions inside)
      Credits

Template : EricJ (Link to Template )
      F-16C Windhover Squadron (Ace Combat 6)

• By zachtan

What is it?
      A skin-pack featuring the Republic of Emmeria Air Force 8th Air Division, 15th Fighter Squadron "Windhover", from the game Ace Combat 6. For F-16CM Block 52.
      "Windhover Squadron" is part of Emmeria's Eastern Region Air Defense stationed at Gracemeria Air Force Base. The callsigns of this squadron's pilots are each derived from different species of falcon.
      The razor-sharp F-16C Blk50/52 Series By the Viper Team (Link to File)
      (You will also have to add a new nation Emmeria into nations.ini, instructions inside)
      Credits
      Template : Viper Team (Link to Template)

F-15C Galm Team (Ace Combat Zero)

• By zachtan

View File F-16C Windhover Squadron (Ace Combat 6)

What is it?
      A skin-pack featuring the Republic of Emmeria Air Force 8th Air Division, 15th Fighter Squadron "Windhover", from the game Ace Combat 6. For F-16CM Block 52.
      "Windhover Squadron" is part of Emmeria's Eastern Region Air Defense stationed at Gracemeria Air Force Base. The callsigns of this squadron's pilots are each derived from different species of falcon.
      The razor-sharp F-16C Blk50/52 Series By the Viper Team (Link to File)
      (You will also have to add a new nation Emmeria into nations.ini, instructions inside)
      Credits
      Template : Viper Team (Link to Template)

F-15C Galm Team (Ace Combat Zero)

Submitter zachtan Submitted 08/30/2017 Category What If Skins  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.