Sign in to follow this  
UllyB

My plane is crashing on the runaway when taking off

I tried today an old file I had since 2004-2005, the SU-15 Fagon-A. It crashes right before to take off (the front gear wheel is in the air) at aprox 200 knt. In fact the right and the left gears  break and after that the aircraft explodes. The AI planes CAN take off without a problem. I searched for this type of issue in forum but I found just the vice versa case. (the AI crashes and the aircraft you pilot can take off). If I remember correctly I think there was a workaround with the speed of the aircraft or an angle something , when taking off, or distance , I don't remember or maybe I remember wrong. The wheels of the plane, in case you are womdering are ok, meaning they are not sink into the ground or anything. Any tip to solve the plane crash ?

Edited by UllyB

I tried today an old file I had since 2004-2005, the SU-15 Fagon-A. It crashes right before to take off (the front gear wheel is in the air) at aprox 200 knt. In fact the right and the left gears  break and after that the aircraft explodes. The AI planes CAN take off without a problem. I searched for this type of issue in forum but I found just the vice versa case. (the AI crashes and the aircraft you pilot can take off). If I remember correctly I think there was a workaround with the speed of the aircraft or an angle something , when taking off, or distance , I don't remember or maybe I remember wrong. The wheels of the plane, in case you are womdering are ok, meaning they are not sink into the ground or anything. Any tip to solve the plane crash ?
My first guess is the the speed is too high for your landing gear to support..try to pull stick back earlier...GL

Edited by Vavavava

My first guess is the the speed is too high for your landing gear to support..try to pull stick back earlier...GL

I forgot to mention it (my mistake) , it was about the autopilot thing ! When trying to take off with autopilot it happens this. Obviously, when I am piloting the plane , it doesn't happens because I lift it before reaching ot 200 kts.

You might check the Data.INI file. Look towards the bottom of the file and find the "Landing Gear" entries. In each of the gear look for "MaxLoadFactor=9.0". If the number is low you can increase the gear strength by increasing the number. If there is no line for "MaxLoadFactor=9.0" then you can add the line for each of the gear. Always back up the Data.INI file first.

Sometimes I will add the "MaxLoadFactor" with a lower number to make the gear a little more sensitive for more realistic landings.

Best of luck!

• Like 1

You might check the Data.INI file. Look towards the bottom of the file and find the "Landing Gear" entries. In each of the gear look for "MaxLoadFactor=9.0". If the number is low you can increase the gear strength by increasing the number. If there is no line for "MaxLoadFactor=9.0" then you can add the line for each of the gear. Always back up the Data.INI file first.

Sometimes I will add the "MaxLoadFactor" with a lower number to make the gear a little more sensitive for more realistic landings.

Best of luck!

I tried your idea, it didn't work out too good, it still crashed. However I came up with a solution after thinking a bit to the matter. I have another plane, SU-15TM , which is basically the same 3D model and I just copied the gear part from one to another and that did the trick. Probably some values there were screwed up and I didn't have the patience to investigate further one by one. Thank you anyway. In fact your post triggered the salvation , because I abandoned it, thinking that no one knows how to fix that for the time beeing...Your post made me think and get a simplier solution. I wonder why this didn't occur to me in the first place...lol I guess I was to tired to think...lol Thank you once again.

Edited by UllyB