Sign in to follow this  
warthog64

One more terrain question

Just wondering what can be done to darken the terrain since the May 13 patch? This is the IR2003 terrain and it was much less intense pre patch.

Thanks

post-28493-0-78691000-1372196016_thumb.jpg

hated those fucking desert tiles from Day 1..but, according to people that been there, YES it is that bright.

the only thing I can think of, is write a terrain specific EnvrionmentalSystem.ini, and try to fiddle with sun levels (which WOULD be very bright in the region).

or, if one is reaaaaallly good with photoshop, try changing the brightness on each and every desert and desert2*** tiles -- somewhere in the neighborhood of 40 or 50 tiles?? including all transitions???

or, again, if one is really REALLY good with PS, create fully new tiles, using the IsrealME desert as the base, and recreate all desert and desert2*** transitions; again, an exceeding large job. Done with layers -- IME desert on the bottom, 'tile to be fixed' on top, and gently follow the transition "parting line" with a very small eraser tool, and remove the original desert section. Gradually moving up to larger erasers until all the original desert is removed. (btw, IME tiles truly suck in their skewed angling)

have fun!!! :biggrin:

Well I guess I'll just have to learn to live with it then. I'll try editing the environmentsystem.ini though.

Thanks Wrench

Edited by warthog64

I had to do the experiment...

the IME desert tiles actually work pretty good ... the glare and brightness is reduced a good number, and

still gives the "look" to the terrain

but...

there's about 60+ tiles to redo. I'd forgotten I made all the frakking road tiles AND their various transitions..

this is something I'll be slowly working on, in between my ww2 stuff (terrains the phillipines is driving me bat-shit crazy, as there just sooooo much wrong with it that needs correcting and aircraft)

the good thing is, they're a one click replacement for the original tiles. Meaning they drop right into ODS, Iran/Irag and IR2003. and can be used on any terrain that uses that tile set

ok the set is ready. nearly 60 tiles!!!

but the downloads/uploads are still offline, so I hope to get them up before the weekend, or whenever it come back up.