Sign in to follow this  
jrdani

Linebacker 1 Campaign Crashes in WoV

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced a similar CTD problem to the one I'm currently having in WoV as described below.

When I attempt to re-enter and resume my ongoing Linebacker 1 campaign, it CTDs right after clicking the "Accept" button at the Campaign Loading Screen. This only started yesterday morning, after completion of some 15-20 missions in it. I have several other campaign files saved and in progress; ie Topgun, Vietnam Tomcats, etc. and LB1 is the only one crashing . I've tested by starting each of the others with no problems.

I've checked to see what, if any, changes I made (or addons I added) might coincide with the problem's beginning. The only things were upgrading the Weapons Pack to the 20Mar05 issue, and adding some Tomcat skins (which shouldn't affect this campaign whatsoever). However, you'd think that if the Weapons Pack upgrade initiated the crashing of Linebacker 1, it would affect the other campaigns as well.

Since I'd saved a week older version of this LB1.sav file in another place, I copied it to the PilotData folder, thereby overwriting the "corrupted" LB1.sav file. That seemed to correct the problem. I could then get back into the campaign and execute a mission, even though obviously I had to lose the missions I'd flown in the last week. But the cure was only temporary. I've found that after overwriting the corrupted file, I can execute several missions in succession without any problems. But when I exit WoV and then try to return another time and re-enter the LB1 campaign, it CTD's again, telling me this latest LB1.sav file has somehow become "corrupted" as well.

Does anyone have any ideas? I've tried everything and looked everywhere on my own for an answer with "no joy". I look forward to, and thank you for, your responses. :help:

It is a known bug and should be fixed with the next patch. Whenever that is.

It is a known bug and should be fixed with the next patch. Whenever that is.

Thanks for the reply, USAFMTL, I didn't know that was part of the bug. Are the bugs pretty much resolved in SFP1 now, or is this WoV campaign bug, etc. existing in SFP1 as well?

There is another campaign bug in SF that all the units disappear. So pretty much the Campaigns are porked big time.

There is another campaign bug in SF that all the units disappear. So pretty much the Campaigns are porked big time.

Thanks for the info, hopefully Thirdwire will come out soon with the patches.