Sign in to follow this  
viper

new added skins and ground ordanance

hi

i just downloaded the patch and most of my aircraft have added skins

i back up my objects folder with the new skins and put it aside and when i installed the patch and added the objects folder with the new skins and mods the game wouldnt run i got a black screen i reinstalled and use the default objects folder and the aircraft that was in there with no mods

and it seems to work ok and also it seems i cant get the ground ordance to work just the air to air can some one help me to ge the objects folder with the new skins to work and also tell me why the ground ordance dosent work thanks for your help

thanks

viper :?:

Viper the new skins I have, Idid like you and backed up the objects/aircraft folder onto my desktop, just not the whole objects folder, only the aircraft folder. After uninstalling the game and then reinstalling it and applying patch, I simply overwrote the objects/aircraft folder with my original with all my skins and updated .ini files. It seems to work fine in both singleplay and multiplay. Even the addon aircraft like the MiG-21 Lancer, AC-130, and A-1 Skyraider are all there.

I have not tried my air to ground weapons yet so cant tell what is happening with you.

the aircraft ini (where you add skins) files didn't appear to change. but it appears the aircraft data.ini files are very different. i think the loadout.ini files are the same also, i only looked at the F-4E as i use a modified one for an F-4F that i tweaked the loadout on (lots of missiles :D )

Where are the aircraft data files stored in the games' folder? I hope I didnt overwrite the new updated files with my old ones when I overwrote the objects/aircraft folder with my original with all the addons skins, aircraft, and configuration files.