ultramig688

superhornet 3.1 no cockpit textures

I just installed EricJ superhornet 3.1 and the cockpit has no textures I have 3or 4 gauges and the lower lcd but everything else is black.i am running a merged install of SF2E and SF2I.what did I miss or do wrong. :mad:  

I just installed EricJ superhornet 3.1 and the cockpit has no textures I have 3or 4 gauges and the lower lcd but everything else is black.i am running a merged install of SF2E and SF2I.what did I miss or do wrong. :mad:  

got  the textures back but now the HUD only has a circle with a dot no info.this plane is giving me fits if  it isn't one thing its another.

got  the textures back but now the HUD only has a circle with a dot no info.this plane is giving me fits if  it isn't one thing its another.

oh and no radar either can't get it to turn on

oh and no radar either can't get it to turn on

but only on the block 2 hornets.block one hornets work fine

have you checked the avionics dll pointer???

(paraphrased from 2010, 'have you checked the orbit?')

have you checked the avionics dll pointer???

(paraphrased from 2010, 'have you checked the orbit?')

thanks for replying wrench.now it gets interesting.what is the avionics dll pointer?

That is a value set in the FA-18E(orwhateverversion).ini file under the "AircraftData" section.

AvionicsDLL=Avionics70.dll <------ or any other.

Most likely you have missing textures in the cockpit folder so if the above statement is there than that would be a next step together with checking the avionics and cockpit.ini.

Best to re-read the readme file as you might have skipped a step during the unpacking/install process of it.

Ok logan4 I will check,but It will be later.spending time with the wife right now.thank you for your help.

wives is more important!!

(I wonder if it's called for textures NOT in the /cockpit folder, but referenced from one of the cat files? Since I don't have it ... and am up to my ears in ww2 china- don't have time to look!)

Aircraft data ini on the block 2 shows AvionicsDLL=AvionicsF14A.dll.cockpit folder has a HUD folder and radar folder in it.but I found it strange that the block 1 f-18's have 2 .ini files one is spelled FA-18E _BlockI and the other is FA18E_BLKI and they both have different avionics dll's the block 2 only has one ini spelled FA-18E_BLK II.

if you don't have SF2NA as part of the merged setup, you won't have the radars, as that dll ONLY comes with NA. some editing will be required

try switching to avionics70.dll (for shits and grins) and see what happens. with luck, there's an f183 avionics.ini (or whatever it's called), and thing may start working

also, I'd give the readme a real good perursal, there should be instructions and requirements listed therein

Edited by Wrench

thanks wrench,i think you're right because on the block 1 hornets one of the ini's(don't remember which one)has the 70dll and the other ini has the f-14dll.so I think thats why the block 1 hornets work and not the block 2(only the one ini on block 2 with f-14dll).so I think your suggested fix will work.i'll try it later this evening.

thanks wrench,i think you're right because on the block 1 hornets one of the ini's(don't remember which one)has the 70dll and the other ini has the f-14dll.so I think thats why the block 1 hornets work and not the block 2(only the one ini on block 2 with f-14dll).so I think your suggested fix will work.i'll try it later this evening.

changed the avionics dll to avionics70dll and that fixed it everything works now.

A big THANK YOU to everyone for their help