Sign in to follow this  
quack74

Towns, villages as targets with damage

I copied some of the village and town .LOD's and renamed them to create "Damaged" towns and villages. I then renamed the .bmp callouts to use the same .bmp's only repainted to look damaged. I edited some parameters in the Verdun terrain "_Types.ini" to add the new damaged .LOD's.

So now advancing forces can destroy the towns and villages too! In you campaign_DATA.ini add the lines "CITY_BUILDING" in some places where you see LARGE_RUNWAY, HANGAR, BRIDGE, etc, etc. Then you will be able to attack buildings too.. Now they will look messed up. I will add all of this in my Verdun upgrade for you soon.

post-33545-0-90471800-1387479649_thumb.jpgpost-33545-0-20136700-1387479651_thumb.jpgpost-33545-0-07175700-1387479652_thumb.jpgpost-33545-0-27343000-1387479653_thumb.jpgpost-33545-0-66991600-1387479654_thumb.jpg

been doing that for some time in SF/SF2 -- certain city building repurposed and given target values.

Shoot, I even built entire destroyed cites 6-7 years ago!!

if you want already destroyed buildings, you just add the destroyed model to the types ini, place it in the targets ini and, viola! destroyed cities!! (the problem being is, not enough destroyed building lods!!)

for example, an already destroyed hanger (obviously, for sf2...)

[TargetType391]
Name=DestHangar1
FullName=Destroyed Hangar 1
ModelName=hangar1_destroyed.lod
TargetType=MISC
ActiveYear=0
TargetValue=0
UseGroundObject=FALSE
DamagePoint=100.0
ArmorValue=0
ArmorType=1
RepairRate=0.0
StartDetectChance=20
StartIdentifiedChance=0
IncreaseDetectChanceKey=0
MaxVisibleDist=12000.0
DamagedModel=
DestroyedEffect=LargeShortStructureCollapse
DestroyedModel=hangar1_destroyed
SecondaryChance=100
SecondaryEffect=LargeFire

don't remember exactly how FE2 does the target type =, but I'd suggest WAREHOUSE or FUEL_STORAGE; seem to prioritize the attacking (maybe even for ground forces -- I know it does for bombing/strike missions)

the greatest shortcoming of ALL the 3W games is, non-destroyable TOD items. THAT would super!

Edited by Wrench

Hey, I hope somebody got that Gotha's number - that looks like a war crime there! Looks great and looking forward to the new Verdun, International Military Tribunal or no...

• Like 1