Hi Wrench. I need your input on an idea. I just installed your Mk.1a mod(Decals 1sq) in my 06 BOB and I guess 06 can’t take 8 Decals on a mesh ( Makes the fuse go glass)so I did this. Made a separate mesh of the aft sections of the fuselage so now the fuse can have 6 and the aft can 2, but the best part is now the fuselage (in SF2) can have the art work on the 'Escape Panel' that many Hurries had.  My question is would it be better to make the “Escape Panel” a separate mesh also for it’s own decal ? Also I think I can link the panel to the Canopy so when is time to eject (Reads: get out of the burning wreck) it will detach??? I can do this with no change in textures also and I can Merge the mod into all the Hurries. (Have to go over them all agin anyway, also nothing is getting updated untill I'm sure nothing was mised)

post-300-0-00789900-1389165363_thumb.jpg

post-300-0-50401100-1389165375_thumb.jpg

I'm not seeing the disappearing fues, of couse in SF2 (oddly, there's always been a max of 4 per mesh since 02 when the games came out)

wonder why it's doing that...

you can always call the new aft mesh (from fin forward to mid-fues) as "tail". Of course, all the decals inis will have to be rewritten to take that into account

I don't know how the 'linking' would go, for the escape panel, and it would only jettison with the canopy (for shift/esc bailouts), correct?

I know Hurris didn't have the 'entrance door' on the side like Spits. Be interestering to see how it works

The Aft mesh is just bigger then the SN# so only that entry meas name needs changing. I've got pic's with the panel removed, Looks simple. If I link- Canopy to panel to Fuslage the Canopy animation will be the same, then change the 'CanopyNodeName' to the panel in the 'Crew' section so on Eject all the parts linked to the panel will detach, Basicly the point of all this is more decals. The pic above has the fuse cut already at the tail for the SN#

Well looks like it work's.

Aircraft with Canopy and Escape Pan Ejected. (Note Burnning wreck), and Panel with test decal. Now I just need a set of decals for the 17th Sqn. (hint).

post-300-0-73008200-1389242595_thumb.jpg

post-300-0-51174400-1389242615_thumb.jpg

oh!!! I like that damaged rudder!! looks perfect with ripped and torn off fabric! (should be an aft fues, too!)

You mean No. 17 Squadron code letters??

for Battle of France, or Burma??

edit:

here's the YB squadron code letters for BoF/BoB time frame

Edited by Wrench

Thanks for the code letters. "No. 17 Squadron code letters" Sure,any.  :biggrin:  The Stab's all have the same type of damage nodes,as for the Aft fuselage ,thats a can of worms I'm not going to try (maybe)Well I'll think on it.There's a lot of Damage nodes that can be added, but most of them are just hidden meshes that will add to the poly count and slow the FPS, the trick is to get them to only render when the real mesh detaches, from testing the rudder damage, sometimes the rudder will detach and the Damrudder won't show.I tried to give the Rudder the Damage entries in the data.ini, but it only works with the Stab's.

Edited by RAVEN

from the exporter notes add in dec-2010

Adding bump map or specular map reduces the max number of decals you can have on each mesh.

The maximum number of decals you can have on a mesh without any effect layer is 7 (plus 1 for basic texture, for maximum limit of 8 texture layers). 

Reflection takes 1 texture layer and subtracts 1 from the limit, reducing the maximum to 6 decal layers.

Adding Specular map also subtracts 1 from the limit.

Adding Bump map also subtracts 1 from the limit.

So a mesh with Reflection, Specular Map, and Bump Map has a maximum of 4 decal layers allowed.

so if you add only bump maps you add 5 decals or 6 decals whit no added maps like the older ones

That make's sense Daniel, because with the Max9 Exporter I'm getting 6 decals per mesh , I tried adding Bump maps( no go) might still be on have to check. Thanks